Discussion Board

Thread: new Qt User...

new Qt User...

Hello,

I'm a new user to Qt and having a few problems in getting started for developing symbian applications. I have downloaded and installed the Qt 4.6 SDK along with the Qt creator and I'm basically looking to know how to get started on development. Do I have to additionally download the Qt Libraries for Symbian from the website or do I only download the Mobility API's?

Also, I need more info on how to integrate the mobility API's with the Qt SDK and so would be helpful if someone here could point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Regular Contributor

Re: new Qt User...

Quote Originally Posted by ekartik82 View Post
    Hello,

I'm a new user to Qt and having a few problems in getting started for developing symbian applications. I have downloaded and installed the Qt 4.6 SDK along with the Qt creator and I'm basically looking to know how to get started on development. Do I have to additionally download the Qt Libraries for Symbian from the website or do I only download the Mobility API's?

Also, I need more info on how to integrate the mobility API's with the Qt SDK and so would be helpful if someone here could point me in the right direction.

Thanks.
    visit this link
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/Technolog..._Platforms/Qt/

you will get your answer.

hope it will help you.
    nayan trivedi.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ekartik82 View Post
    Hello ....

Thanks.
    Try following steps. [Assuming you have already installed Perl,symbian SDKs, Carbide.C++ v2.0.2[Updated] & "Qt 4.6 for Symbian"]

1. Download Qt Mobility package from http://qt.nokia.com/developer/new-qt-apis
    2. Extract in a folder [example : c:\QtMobility\ ]
    3. open "Qt for Symbian Command Prompt" from Menu.
    4. go to c:\QtMobility [using "cd \QtMobility"]
    5. run configure.
    6. then make.
    7. go to c:\QtMobility\symbian\install_to_sdk
    8. extract Qt_Mobility_tech_preview_libraries.zip on top your SDK Epoc32.
    9. if required install Qt_Mobility_tech_preview.sis from c:\QtMobility\symbian\install_to_device on to your device.

Note: i am not sure that this is the right way to install the Mobility APIs but it works for simple APIs agree that it fails for some other more complicated APIs (examples) as i posted .

Note to wiki admins : Hai friends there are no posted about how to install Mobility APIs on wiki help me coping it to wiki. (also correcting if i am wrong in places)

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by skumar_rao View Post
    Note to wiki admins : Hai friends there are no posted about how to install Mobility APIs on wiki help me coping it to wiki. (also correcting if i am wrong in places)
    A wiki page could be good, but it can also be one thing more for developers to ignore. There's one basic rule that has to be followed and that is: read the manual. The Qt Mobility package comes with install instructions in the package.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Super Contributor

Agree only thing is it is mixed with All other platforms