Discussion Board

Hybrid View

How to publish video content when it's not showing among content choices?

Anybody who can shed a light in my dilemma? Recently registered as a publisher and is eager to publish several animated video contents in .3gp format. However my content type choices are limited only to a few, excluding video. When I checked the FAQ it mentioned to... and I quote

"To submit ringtones, wallpapers, themes and video clips for distribution through Ovi Store, Publishers must request Premium Status. To do so, ]go to the support tab and select the "request Premium Status" link in the contact form. Publishers will receive a short form to fill out and return.

However, there is no "request premium Status" link in the "only" contact form that i saw in the page.

This is frustrating because all of our contents are animated video and wallpapers.

I ended up requesting for the status on the message box and submitted the form. No acknowledgment email though so am not sure if it was received.

I hope I get answer in the forum faster?

I'm crossing my fingerss.

Super Contributor

Re: How to publish video content when it's not showing among content choices?

HI, there are stringent requirements for publishing Video via premium account

see this answer http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...71&postcount=3
    From Ovi Store support
    Hi

A publisher that is interested in uploading personalization content (video, audio, wallpapers, themes) would need to get an approval. A premium publisher does require some type of liability insurance. Please email publishtoovi.support@nokia.com for the application

To be able to facilitate a premium publisher application, one should justify that content is either unique and/or specific to a certain country/region.

Thank you
    Insurance requirements for Premium publisher accounts
    Basically the $1Million dollar insurance make sure you are very serious companies publishing

Jim

I have the same issue

and, what does the "$1 melion insurance mean?

thank you

Nokia Developer Moderator

When publishing content you must be able to guarantee that the content is yours to sell (you own the copyright). Since that is rather tricky the mechanism used seems to be that of buying a huge insurance policy (say 1000000 USD) which would cover the damages should someone sue you and Ovi Store for copyright infringement.

The details of the policy and the legal agreement may be complicated, I have not seen them and I'm not a lawyer either, but if you are interested do contact publishtoovi.support@nokia.com and they will give you the info you need.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

thank u a lot for your answr but I still don't understand what is ment by that insurance

thank you

Wow that information should have been upfront with OVI's disclaimers when inviting publishers for its store, prior even to us paying for the registration fee. Like in our case, this is a huge stumbling block and the error of omission about the required insurance is misleading.

Although as a company this requirement is appreciated because it means there is protection for the real major players. I just hope the insurance policy does not cost as much as the insurance money.

Thanks for the info.

Super Contributor

Exclamation Re: How to publish video content when it's not showing among content choices?

Quote Originally Posted by Mela View Post
    Wow that information should have been upfront with OVI's disclaimers when inviting publishers for its store, prior even to us paying for the registration fee. Like in our case, this is a huge stumbling block and the error of omission about the required insurance is misleading.

Although as a company this requirement is appreciated because it means there is protection for the real major players. I just hope the insurance policy does not cost as much as the insurance money.

Thanks for the info.
    Public Liability insurance is a requirement for most companies regardless of there profession.

If you have been a IT contractor you would have probably taken out insurance because your client will want this and costs will be a business cost.

Finally, your suggestion many be taken up, but I must point out that over 80% of developers don't need premium account. If you are worried about you 50 Euros registration fee the insurance in the U.K. is over this amount a month....

As I said in my original "very serious companies only...."

So why do I need this. Well read this http://business.solveyourproblem.com...coverage.shtml
    This coverage would be insurance for covering the cost to settle lawsuits brought in regards to copyright infringement – it would be a small amount of coverage. For example, you would only need around $5,000 to cover the court and attorney fees associated with a case, if a suit were brought against a person. Theoretically, you would only pay under $25 per year and would cover up to the five thousand dollar settlement should a case be brought against you.
    So multiply the $5000 x 200 = 1,000,000 and so take
    the cost of insurance $25 x 200 = $5000 per year

Heres an example from a decade ago:-

To take the example of "Little green frog song" a decade ago. The supplier of the ring-tone was litigating against lots of companies for illegal copying and breaching copyright.

Then out of the wilderness was a person who could prove original providence/ownership of the song. Suddenly the ring-tone supplier was litigated against for illegal copy breaching copyright. Supplier found the documents they had, selling copyright to the ring-tone supplier were worthless and this now exposed them to litigation.

Lucky they made money enough to pay off the $1M lawsuit and costs on top. They survived due to having business insurance.............

Thanks
    Jim

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by m_graviton_d View Post
    thank u a lot for your answr but I still don't understand what is ment by that insurance

thank you
    Similar to driving a car you must take out insurance to cover accident and this is up to 1,000,000 U.S. Dollars or similar in Euro.

This is same on Ovi store in case you accidentally sell content pictures,video which belong to others and you get sued, even if you live in any another country.

This is a legal position NOT a result of Nokia Ovi Store.
    They are trying protect you and the Store
    Jim