Discussion Board

Thread: Failed QA

Failed QA

couple of quick questions:

ISSUE #2: SUMMARY: The application does not scale correctly when changing orientation.
    All application must work on landscape mode and portrait??? i find it very hard to believe i'v seen games that only work in 1 resolution (mode) i cant see how when changing the screen for instance on N97 from portrait 360X360 (with virtual joystick on the screen) to 580X360 landscape mode and it should look anywhere close to what the design of the portrait mode.

ISSUE #3: VeriSIGN'ed applications cannot be installed on S40 5th and 5.1 editions.
    is this issue for ALL s40 5th editions? i.e. S40 5th Edition FP1,S40 5th Edition FP1 LE,S40 5th Edition LE?
    what can be done?? should i submit a none signed version for these groups? (and on a side note why the hell isnt verisign certificate works on those groups??? verisign is the #1 CA isnt it?)

last question after i fix all issues how should i re-submit the new build? should i just unlock the file then load new version then save? or is there a process to it?

Re: Failed QA

Hello? a response please?

Regular Contributor

Yes unlock the file, upload new file and change version info (if applicable) and lock the file again for QA process.

it would be nice to get a reply for my first two issues here...
    seems like alot of posts here are unanswered....

Hello Shaii,

Sorry for the delay.

With regards to Issue #2: If your application does not support both orientations, it should disable auto-rotate and force the orientation into either portrait or landscape.
    For J2ME midlets, this is accomplished by setting the Nokia-MIDlet-App-Orientation .jad attribute.

eg. Nokia-MIDlet-App-Orientation: portrait

For more information, please refer to:
    http://library.forum.nokia.com/index...E4A538FB8.html

Issue #3:
    For a detailed explanation as to why Verisign'ed midlets do not install on S40 5th Edition FP1 devices, please refer to:
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...Pack_1_devices

Options include signing with the Thawte code signing certificate, going through Java Verified, or removing S40 5th Ed FP1 devices from the distribution list. Java signing is a requirement for the Ovi Store so submitting an unsigned midlet will fail QA.

I hope this answers your questions.

Regards,

OviGwen
    Ovi Store Publisher Support
    http://publish.ovi.com/

Hey Gwen,
    Thank you for your reply.
    in regards to issue #3 why arent the phone come prepacked with verisigned signing certificate in their root like all the old normal phones?
    its seems a bit odd that it doesnt support the largest CA company (and im not mistake thwate is a sub company of verisign it was bought of by them so its odd to support thwate and not them)