Discussion Board

Thumbs down N97 fail to restore the backup after went to Nokia Service Center refresh firmware.

Hi All,

I got the problem, after upgrade my N97 firmware.

My N97 fail to restore the backup after went to Nokia Service Center refresh firmware.

The problem is :

I create the full backup for my N97 before upgrade. The N97 firmware is version 12. After that I upgrade the firmware to version 20. Then my N97 was hang or crash.

Then yesterday day morning, I sent my N97 to Nokia Service Center to refresh the firmware. Then they help me to refresh the firmware to version 20.

When I tried to restore the backup file to my N97, but fail. (The backup was made by the firmware version 12.)

I know that some Ver 12 setting cannot using in the Ver 20. But The data restore is very trick. I think only 80% data can restore to my cell phone.

- The phone contact list can fully restore to my cell phone.

- The SMS just only can restore about 80%. If the SMS save in my inbox, it can fully restore. But if the SMS save in other folder, then it was missing.

- The Calendar ………….
    That is the trick point.
    First time, when I restore the data, the Cell phone cannot view any schedule.
    However, I can saw my old schedule in the “PC suite”.
    But when couple minutes later, the PC suite will synchronize with the cell phone. The both side schedule will lost.

I had call Nokia hotline in this morning, they had give me some suggestion to load my backup. I don’t think it will work, but I will still try to do it.

Does anyone facing this problem same as me ?

I had always report my problem to Nokia Hong Kong. But usually they will just tell me, they are working on it.
    I sent couple thousand words e-mail to them, but they will just replied me by couple words e-mail said they are still under investigating.

I don’t know why Nokia will release the bad cell phone to the market. I already very disappointed with the Nokia Cell Phone.
    Before using the N97, I think Nokia is the best. But now ....

Nokia N97 is sucks ~

When I first day using the N97, it is the nightmare for me.

I have facing my problem and it make me crazy ~

If google release the cell phone with physical keyboard. I think I will change to use google phone.

Thanks !

Regards,

Alan

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: N97 fail to restore the backup after went to Nokia Service Center refresh firmwar

Welcome to the Forum Nokia Developer discussion board, sorry to hear that you have encountered such a problems.

Anyway as this DiBo concentrates on development related issues, you might find more end-user problems related Dibo better suited for your query. Here's link for one: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/