Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Lightbulb 6212 SDK & Emulator with Pegoda 701 reader

Using the 6212 as Reader is a bit challenging when testing ones MIDlet on the emulator. The connected Reader (Pegoda 701) does not behave as the actual phone, the emulator has the field on all the time and does not "poll" with the different standards (e.g. Felica, ISO14443A etc.) like the phone do. Being realistic, I know that Nokia will not make any updates to change this (but I am ready to be surprised ) so my question is; is it possible to make an "add-in" to the 'NFC Manager' in order to make the Pegoda reader behave differently? I do have the C library for the Pegoda 701 reader and I have made a Windows application for the reader already but I don't know how open the NFC Manager is.

Any comments would be appreciated, thanks!

Re: 6212 SDK & Emulator with Pegoda 701 reader

Quote Originally Posted by npr.novo View Post
    Using the 6212 as Reader is a bit challenging when testing ones MIDlet on the emulator. The connected Reader (Pegoda 701) does not behave as the actual phone, the emulator has the field on all the time and does not "poll" with the different standards (e.g. Felica, ISO14443A etc.) like the phone do. Being realistic, I know that Nokia will not make any updates to change this (but I am ready to be surprised ) so my question is; is it possible to make an "add-in" to the 'NFC Manager' in order to make the Pegoda reader behave differently? I do have the C library for the Pegoda 701 reader and I have made a Windows application for the reader already but I don't know how open the NFC Manager is.

Any comments would be appreciated, thanks!
    As far as I'm connerced, that NFC Manager is only looking for PC/SC Devices with "Omnikey" in the product name. Therefore you "simply" would have to implement a PC/SC driver with the Pegoda-C Drivers. Then the NFC Manager would be able to detect the Pegoda as an Omnikey reader ... just me 10 cents.

best, geri-m

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the response!
    Not quit clear on your comment though? Are you saying that the Omnikey reader is the only one supported by the NFC Manager? Because in my setup the NFC Manager detects the Pegoda as "Name: Pegoda, Type: Reader" and attaches it to the "NFC Antenna" of the Nokia emulator.

Quote Originally Posted by npr.novo View Post
    Thanks for the response!
    Not quit clear on your comment though? Are you saying that the Omnikey reader is the only one supported by the NFC Manager? Because in my setup the NFC Manager detects the Pegoda as "Name: Pegoda, Type: Reader" and attaches it to the "NFC Antenna" of the Nokia emulator.
    that's funny ... my NFC manager does not detect the pegoda ... look's like I to have to reinstall the nfc manager.