Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Checking the server connection from the device for uploading

I have to upload a video file to the server from the device. But before that I am getting problem for establishing the connection to the server from the device for uploading.

Can you tell me how to establish the connection to the server for uploading a file?

Regular Contributor

Re: Checking the server connection from the device for uploading

Hello,
    you can use sockets, http connections, or web services. How the server is providing the conection interface?!!?

before that..can i know how you connect to a database with j2me...please help me dhiraj.deka,thiagobrunoms ..we can share about it..i think we have a same problem..help me ya..

Regular Contributor

Hello rageboy,
    there are other threads related to persistence in JavaME in Forum Nokia Discussion Boards and articles in Forum Nokia Wiki. Take a look at them (such as Floggy Framework).

ok thanks...hello thiagobrunoms ...i have search many tutorial in internet about howto connect j2me application with mysql...for example Login..
    password and username are kept in database(mySQL) and we use j2me to get the password and username from database..how?anybody can help me..please thiagobrunoms ...:-)

Regular Contributor

Hello rageboy,
    Are u planning to get data that are stored in a remote machine (server)?. If it is your goal, it depends how the server is providing the required service (eg. login). If it is available through web service, you can use JSR 172 (Web Service Specification), by using WTK to build your stub (Stub Generator Tool). If it is available as http connection, you can use the HttpConnection class, like this example.

Regular Contributor

Thanx thiagobrunoms for your reply. I am trying to do that with HttpConnection only. I am getting problem in connecting the server means I am not getting any response from it, I don't know whether the connection is established or not? Can you tell me what is the proper way to establish the connection for uploading a file(video)to the server?

Regular Contributor

Hello,
    When u send the request, does it throw any exception?!!? If so, past the exception result here. Otherwise, the server is not sending u a response. Try to get the response code through the HttpConnection object, such as httpConnectionObj.getResponseCode(), and check which code it is getting back, such as 200, 404, etc. U can see the meaning of each code here.

[]'s