Discussion Board

CONFIG += mobility & MOBILITY = ...

Hi,

I haven't found in documentation (qmake docs, qtmobility docs or other Qt docs) anything that explains the usage of the following two lines in one of the qtmobility examples .pro file:

CONFIG += mobility
    MOBILITY = location

This is pretty clear stuff to understand, but where is it documented ? One of the reasons I need that is because I'd like to know what libraries, etc. does "MOBILITY = ..." declaration attach to an executable.

Super Contributor

Re: CONFIG += mobility & MOBILITY = ...

you might want to check general qt docs .http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qmake-project-files.html

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by viktor.burka View Post
    CONFIG += mobility
    MOBILITY = location

This is pretty clear stuff to understand, but where is it documented ? One of the reasons I need that is because I'd like to know what libraries, etc. does "MOBILITY = ..." declaration attach to an executable.
    Unfortunately prf files are not very well documented. Essentially to resolve the mapping qmake checks $QTDIR/mkspecs/features for mobility.prf and loads it when processing the project file. The MOBILITY variable is part of mobility.prf and is used to select the correct library to link against.

The possible MOBILITY mappings are stated in step3 of the QtMoblity quick start guide: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility-1...uickstart.html

The mobility.prf file is generated when configure runs and is based on the template in $MOBILITY_DIR/features/mobility.prf.template. Later it is copied into $QTDIR/mkspecs/features (during configure time on Symbian and during make install time on all other platforms)
    Last edited by AlexBl; 2009-12-23 at 00:22.

Super Contributor

It might not be documented in preview release(MOBILITY variable). I assume it would be documented in final release.

@Jack Torrance:
    Please make note of it..

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by savaj View Post
    It might not be documented in preview release(MOBILITY variable). I assume it would be documented in final release.
    As stated in my previous post the MOBILITY variable and its possible values are documented in the official preview release documentation already:

http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility-1...uickstart.html

Super Contributor

Already gone through that step 3, but its not that much informative.

Nokia Developer Expert

Could you elaborate on the type of additional info you are after? Isn't the mapping all you need?

Maybe I might be missing the obvious thing or suffer from blindness towards our own code....

Super Contributor

Yes, it states possible domain names and corresponding values that can be assigned to MOBILITY variable, but what i expect is little bit description about what each variable is doing. May be i am expecting much more.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBl View Post
    Unfortunately prf files are not very well documented. Essentially to resolve the mapping qmake checks $QTDIR/mkspecs/features for mobility.prf and loads it when processing the project file. The MOBILITY variable is part of mobility.prf and is used to select the correct library to link against.

The possible MOBILITY mappings are stated in step3 of the QtMoblity quick start guide: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility-1...uickstart.html

The mobility.prf file is generated when configure runs and is based on the template in $MOBILITY_DIR/features/mobility.prf.template. Later it is copied into $QTDIR/mkspecs/features (during configure time on Symbian and during make install time on all other platforms)
    Thanks for the explanation ! It clarifies for me how it works !