Discussion Board

QtMobility with GCCE - Where are the .lib files ?

Hi,

I built Qt Mobility from source code as "shared debug" and didn't find any import library files (.lib files). In my %EPOCROOT%\release\gcce\udeb I found .dll, .map, and .sym files. But none of .lib.

I saw .lib files in Qt_Mobility_tech_preview_libraries.zip archive of prebuilt SDK libraries (rvct compiler). But I'd like to use my own QtMobility which I build from source (say I may need it to debug my application in the emulator).

Another question is how to install QtMobility (in other words to make a .sis package) on the device and do I need a certificate for that ?

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: QtMobility with GCCE - Where are the .lib files ?

Do you mean how to install the libraries build by you or the ones provided ready?

For the libs that are in the mobility package Qt_Mobility_tech_preview_libraries.zip there are corresponding DLLs in the sis package (see install_to_device folder).

I wouldn't recommend building the libraries yourself for many reasons, one being that if you distribute your app to a device and someone else distributes the original mobility DLLs it will break your app...

Regarding emulator libraries we'll put those in the next release coming in few weeks.

cheers,
    Jack

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by viktor.burka View Post
    Hi,

I built Qt Mobility from source code as "shared debug" and didn't find any import library files (.lib files). In my %EPOCROOT%\release\gcce\udeb I found .dll, .map, and .sym files. But none of .lib.

I saw .lib files in Qt_Mobility_tech_preview_libraries.zip archive of prebuilt SDK libraries (rvct compiler). But I'd like to use my own QtMobility which I build from source (say I may need it to debug my application in the emulator).
    First try to install, use and understand available QtMobility libraries before compiling source.

Quote Originally Posted by viktor.burka View Post
    Another question is how to install QtMobility (in other words to make a .sis package) on the device and do I need a certificate for that ?

Thanks
    Do you mean you want to install your application that is developed using QtMobility APIs?? if yes then most of QtMobility APIs uses one or more capability and you need developer certificate for that.

If your application do not uses any extended capability then you can use self-signed certificate, but certificate must be needed. There is one page documanted which tell whether given Mobility API need developer certificate or not, but right now i am not able to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Torrance View Post
    Do you mean how to install the libraries build by you or the ones provided ready?

For the libs that are in the mobility package Qt_Mobility_tech_preview_libraries.zip there are corresponding DLLs in the sis package (see install_to_device folder).
    Can you put the debug libraries for the device in the package ? In my understanding there are only release libraries in the package which makes it impossible to debug on the device.

I wouldn't recommend building the libraries yourself for many reasons, one being that if you distribute your app to a device and someone else distributes the original mobility DLLs it will break your app...
    I'm not going to distribute my application now, just want to get a debug version of QtMobility to be able to debug on the device. The package contains only release. I don't have commercial RVCT compiler, so I was trying to do that using GCCE. BTW is GCCE supported for QtMobility project ?

Regarding emulator libraries we'll put those in the next release coming in few weeks.
    Thanks. Will you put both debug and release ?