I am glad to announce a new release of my PC suite for S60 phones, written completely in Python.
This "Christmas release" has many new features, including a new contact management system. It is now possible to create, add and delete contacts. There is also a simple file management which uses OBEX to list your directories and files.
I also included a powerful statistic window that shows you have many messages you write.
This release includes a setup.py script and an INSTALL file for an easy installation.
I also provided a RPM for Fedora-based Linux distributions.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 are now supported too.
Here is a short overview about the "older" features:
What is it?
Series60-Remote is an application to manage your mobile phone on your computer. For example, you can send and receive SMS messages directly on your computer. These are then saved in a SQLite- or MySQL-Database.
Where to get it?
The new website is under http://series60-remote.sourceforge.net/
There are Screenshots of all the hot features (you shouldn't miss them ) here (or if you prefer the German version, it's here)
- OS: GNU/LINUX or Windows XP/Vista/7
- Python (included in the Windows package)
- PyQt4 (included in the Windows package)
- pybluez (included in the Windows package)
Here is the full feature list:
- Send and receive text messages
- Send a message to multiple contacts
- Chat dialog like in normal instant messengers
- Message history browser
- Notification when you've got a new message
- Contact browser
- Informations about your mobile phone
- First run wizard
- Tray icon to hide the mainwindow
- Settings dialog
- Main language: English, completely translated to German
The ChangeLog is available here
I'm looking forward to your feedback.