Discussion Board

Question Python - Calendar

Hi, for my XM5800 I wrote my first little pythonscript(v1.97) that gives me a calendarpreview for the next 4 weeks. The result is shown in a doublelined listbox. Everything works fine, but there is one thing I wish to realize...

When I click a calendaritem on the homescreen, the calendarapp opens with the given date. I know how to open the calendar with python, but I can't find a way to open it with that date I choosed from the list. Please help me with your ideas.

And excuse me, it's a long time ago I learnded English language at school...

Super Contributor

Smile Re: Python - Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by RingoR. View Post
    Hi, for my XM5800 I wrote my first little pythonscript(v1.97) that gives me a calendarpreview for the next 4 weeks. The result is shown in a doublelined listbox. Everything works fine, but there is one thing I wish to realize...

When I click a calendaritem on the homescreen, the calendarapp opens with the given date. I know how to open the calendar with python, but I can't find a way to open it with that date I choosed from the list. Please help me with your ideas.

And excuse me, it's a long time ago I learnded English language at school...
    have you searched i the wiki about python calendar ?

Read this calender

Best regards,

Re: Python - Calendar

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, I have searched the wiki and I have seen this example. But I do not want to draw my own calendar. I am looking for a way to open the standard nokia calendar and jump directly to the date I clicked in my python-listbox.

Super Contributor

When you touch at the appropriate date box it will ask for the note or memo to write.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rahulvala View Post
    When you touch at the appropriate date box it will ask for the note or memo to write.
    I guess RingoR. is looking for a way to launch the default application and your link points to the article which is useful for creating a custom canvas calender. Also, the article you pointed has nothing to do with touch events

RingoR. - e32.start_exe is your keyword to search for to launch any applications (including calender) on the device.
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

Quote Originally Posted by croozeus View Post
    RingoR. - e32.start_exe is your keyword to search for to launch any applications (including calender) on the device.
    Thank you very much croozeus. Till now I started the calendarapp via scriptext/appmanager...

Hi RingoR.,

could you please paste the code how you get the calendar entries for the next four weeks? I also created a little calendar application (here) which shows the entries from the current month only. Maybe you have some code which I can reuse?