Discussion Board

Concurrent connections in Nokia 7650

Hello,

I'm trying to write a MIDP application for Nokia 7650, which tries to open multiple (two, to be precise HttpConnections at the same time in different threads. The trouble is I'm either getting an IOException on one of them (with status = -3, anyone knows what it means?) or some kind of lower-level error which causes my application to shut down immediately.

So if I'm not mistaken, Nokia 7650 supports only a single connection to be opened at the time. Am I right? Would any firmware update solve that or is it simply impossible to achieve it? If so, do other phones (3650, 6610) suffer the same problem?

Thank You in advance for the answers

Tomasz Knyziak

Super Contributor

status = -3

"status = -3" means the operation was cancelled ( http://www.symbian.com/developer/tec.../Erresapi.html ).
    So it looks like your assumption is correct, the second request is probably cancelling the first or something like that.

Thank You for the reply- it seems I have some work ahead of me to rearrange my communication code. Too bad, but then again, "No one said it would be easy"

Best regards
    Tomasz Knyziak