Discussion Board

Exclamation Static Push Registry not working on E71

hello there,

I'm developing an application which use static socket push registry and my .jad file look like this:

Code:
    MIDlet-1: PushMidlet, , PushMidlet
    MIDlet-Jar-Size: 4013
    MIDlet-Jar-URL: Push.jar
    MIDlet-Name: Push
    MIDlet-Permissions: javax.microedition.io.PushRegistry, javax.microedition.io.Connector.socket
    MIDlet-Push-1: socket://:10,PushMidlet,192.168.111.104
    MIDlet-Vendor: Vendor
    MIDlet-Version: 1.0
    MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.1
    MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.0
    when I install the application on the sun emulator it work fine, but when I installed on the real device (E71) the application did not lunch automatically, it even not asked me to allow auto start or using of network.

I tried the dynamic one and it work fine but my needs is the static push, is there anything I need to add to the jad file or do i need to sign the midlet and if need the sign how can I do it in netbean, please help me .....

Super Contributor

Re: Static Push Registry not working on E71

Two issues. First, you might not be able to use port 10 - it might be in use already, or it might be restricted. Use a port number that is not reserved for other applications.

Second: where is the incoming connection from? The phone might not accept connections coming from outside the device. Server socket connections are intended only to be used for communicating between applications on the same device.

Graham.

For Static push registry to work, you are required to install the app on the device using JAD & JAR file OTA (Over the Air)... are you doing that ?

thanks,
    Ekta

thanks for your replay

For Static push registry to work, you are required to install the app on the device using JAD & JAR file OTA (Over the Air)... are you doing that ?
    I use the steps on this link (on the emulator), http://www.easywms.com/easywms/?q=en/node/3591
    and for the device I use it from step 3

Two issues. First, you might not be able to use port 10 - it might be in use already, or it might be restricted. Use a port number that is not reserved for other applications.

Second: where is the incoming connection from? The phone might not accept connections coming from outside the device. Server socket connections are intended only to be used for communicating between applications on the same device.
    I tried port 11 and the result is the same do I have to use large port number such as 5000 or above??
    for the second : I didn't get what u mean .. but I did not use Server socket on the code, and my application is to get an information using the socket connection between mobile and the server.

I test the code of sending and receiving and it work.

thanks
    Last edited by mnoko; 2009-12-31 at 13:16.

Super Contributor

Yes, 5000 or above.

You don't call PushRegistry.listConnections(true), and then call Connector.open() on the URL you get? Opening a URL of the form "socket://:port" will give you a ServerSocketConnection.

In order to connect from the server to the mobile, the server is going to need to know the mobile's IP address... and, as a rule, mobile phones do not have an internet-accessible IP address. Hence, incoming connections by socket are really only useful for communicating between applications on the same device (which is why they are only supported on multi-tasking devices).

Graham.

thank you, for your answer it was helpful..