Discussion Board

Exclamation A-GPS .. positioning method is missing

Hello every one ..
    I'm new here .. and that's my first thread ..

I have bought a new E75 Nokia ..

as I know an E75 should have many positioning methods ..
    I started my device for the first time .. and made my settings .. but when I got to the positioning method i was kinda surprised that there's only Blue tooth GPS method ..

anyway, I searched for an update .. and I updated my device firmware so now it's up-to-date
    the positioning method was still missing .. so I updated my maps application to OVI 3
    still the assisted GPS method is still missing ..
    and now when I ask the application to take me to my position .. it says that I should define a positioning method .. and as I told u it's missing ..

please help me ..
    I really need to use the GPS ...
    how can I add the A-GPS method ?
    thx in advance ..

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: A-GPS .. positioning method is missing

Welcome to the Forum Nokia Developer discussion board, as this DiBo concentrates on development related issues, you might find more end-user problems related Dibo better suited for your query. Here's link for one: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

thx for your replay .. I'm not any new user to PCs and Internet .. I have searched the internet for about 3 months now .. and I couldn't find anything about this problem ..
    I have updated my device FW 1 week ago .. and now there's a new FW available .. but I'm kinda confused about it .. cause I heard that it has many bugs ..

anyway .. what I was asking about .. that did anybody tried to make an application or an update that adds the A-GPS method to the options .. ?

thx

Nokia Developer Moderator

A-GPS is a system component which either exists on the device or is deployed with Ovi Maps. 3rd party applications could in theory create such components but only with Nokia's help and AFAIK there is no such 3rd party application.

Nokia's official technical specifications say that E75 has "integrated A-GPS" which I read as marketing for "integrated GPS with A-GPS support". So, do you have "Integrated GPS" and "Assisted GPS" positioning methods? If not, call Nokia Care or the Nokia office in your country and ask for help and clarifications. You can find Nokia Care's contact details at http://www.nokia.com/support

Unless you want to discuss about using the Assisted GPS positioning technology in your application development you, you can find better help and pair support at http://www.nokia.com/discussions. If any ather users are facing the same problems they would have discussed the issue on that site already. Have a look.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite