Discussion Board

How to test the connection between two devices

Hey there...

i ve got a connectivity question... since i need to explore the various devices and test the connectivity between them... i wanted to ask if my thoughts are rights for this...

so i need to develop an app to test the connectivity and the java implementation between various devices on the market...

my thought is to simply find the nearby devices, find the services that offering and then make a simple connection between each one with mine device by sending a few bytes... if the connection goes all well the devices can communicate...

but i was wondering is that the right way to test it?? what service to choose to make the connection? OBEX, L2CAP or something else? is there a better way?

ask me if you want to see my code... but i just wanted to help me on this diccision.. not wanting to write the code for me

best regards
    thank you everyone guys....

Regular Contributor

Re: How to test the connection between two devices

Hi,

http://www.forum.nokia.com/document/...ooth/UUID.html

Go through the above URL, it gives the information about which UUID supports which Profile. If it has UUID value as 0x1106 then I think it will support Object File Transfer since it is the UUID value of Object File Transfer Profile.

Hope it helps you out.
    Sunil
    Mobile Application Developer

yes sunil_bhambani123.. thank you for the reply...

i can search the other devices for their services-profiles.

but i need to test all those profiles that the remote device supports... how can i do that?

can i just make a connection, every time with different profile and send a few bytes? or maybe to choose a single profile and test only that?

can you understand my issue? do you need more information...?

thank you everyone

Regular Contributor

Hi,

If you want to transfer file from one device to other device then I think it must support Object File Transfer Profile, so check that only. If its available then you should be able to transfer the file. Whats the point in checking each and every profile? I have not worked on this much so I amy be wrong also, but I don't see any point in checking for each and every profile.

Hope it helps you out.
    Sunil
    Mobile Application Developer

Hey there...

see i want to do a research where i will going to test the connectivity between various devices. so i need to find a way to test this connectivity.

so i am developing an app where you first finding nearby devices, then searching for their services... and then what? what to do to test the connectivity between my device and the remote devices??

i need to find which devices can communicate with which others... is this wrong to thing of?? maybe i should think it somehow else?

thank you again