Discussion Board

Question Nokia 5800 Application crash

Hi all,

I have a Nokia 5800 xpress music handset. My problem is tht I have installed a j2me application on it and it behaves weird. Sometimes it exits as soons as the application starts.
    Another time I was able to navigate upto 4 or 5 forms and then the application crashed. Each time the application crashes on navigation to different screen. The same applciation is used by abt 500 users on different nokia phones n it works amazingly... Can some one help me with this??

Re: Nokia 5800 Application crash

See Abhilash, it looks the app you are trying not ported to Nokia 5800. Please ask the app provider to give you a build which is ported for this device.

thanks,
    Ekta

Re: Nokia 5800 Application crash

I am a part of the development team.
    We have the application running successfully on most of the devices except this.I was hoping if any one would suggest me how it can be different for this device. The app runs fine on a low end like 2626.We have a different version for N70 and tht is becoz of the enumeration for records is LIFO based. For rest of the devices the build remains same.
    However on this device there's no pattern when the application crashes. sometimes it works fine untill few screens and suddenly it crashes. Has anyone faced an issue like this...