Discussion Board

S40 5th & Verisign

Here in this very forum I read that all the 'S40 5th edition' phones do not have Verisign root certificates in them. Also, my verisigned MIDlet has failed QA on all S40 5th ed. devices , apparently because of this.

Now, that's strange, because I personally have a 3120 Classic ( S40 5th! ) and it most certainly has a Verisign root cert. My verisigned MIDlet installs and recognizes the cert, if I am to believe my eyes

Super Contributor

Re: S40 5th & Verisign

Quote Originally Posted by Utumn0 View Post
    Here in this very forum I read that all the 'S40 5th edition' phones do not have Verisign root certificates in them. Also, my verisigned MIDlet has failed QA on all S40 5th ed. devices , apparently because of this.

Now, that's strange, because I personally have a 3120 Classic ( S40 5th! ) and it most certainly has a Verisign root cert. My verisigned MIDlet installs and recognizes the cert, if I am to believe my eyes
    Hi,
    Please read the reason given by Ovi Store thread/post http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...15&postcount=5

Thanks,
    Jim

Re: S40 5th & Verisign

Quote Originally Posted by jimgilmour1 View Post
    Hi,
    Please read the reason given by Ovi Store thread/post http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...15&postcount=5

Thanks,
    Jim
    Are there Nokia phones that do not support Thawte? Just wondering if I need to sign my app with one, both or submit one thawte package for S40 5th Ed, and another verisign package for all the other models?