Discussion Board

Question Sensor framework

I can run the application using sensor framework on 5th S60.But it can't be compiled on 3th FP2 S60.
    The error is as follow:

#include <sensrvchannelfinder.h>
    #include <sensrvchannel.h>
    #include <sensrvmagnetometersensor.h>
    #include <sensrvgeneralproperties.h>
    #include <sensrvmagnetometersensor.h>
    #include <sensrvaccelerometersensor.h>
    #include <sensrvorientationsensor.h>
    #include <sensrvdatalistener.h>
    #include <sensrvtappingsensor.h>
    #include <sensrvilluminationsensor.h>
    #include <sensrvtypes.h>

These files can't be opened.

So what can I do for this? Please give me a favor.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Sensor framework

that's bacause the 3rd ed FP2 SDK doe snot contain the headers or libraries needed for the sensor framework.

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    that's bacause the 3rd ed FP2 SDK doe snot contain the headers or libraries needed for the sensor framework.
    I have found SensrvClient.lib and SensrvUtil.lib for it. But when I run it,there is an -2 system error thrown. So what libraries do I need to add ?

You can not copy libraries from newer SDKs, if you really need it for 3rd ed FP2, you can see whether it would be included in API plug-in, and if not, then you would need to go through API partnering in order to get it. Or you could try making Ecom plug-in with 5th ed SDK, and seeing whether it would work with 3rd ed FP2 devices.

You can not copy libraries from newer SDKs, if you really need it for 3rd ed FP2, you can see whether it would be included in API plug-in, and if not, then you would need to go through API partnering in order to get it. Or you could try making Ecom plug-in with 5th ed SDK, and seeing whether it would work with 3rd ed FP2 devices.
    I have found Sensor API Plug-in for S60 3rd Edition SDK for Symbian OS, Feature Pack 2 ,and installed it.But the application throw the same error that is an -2 system error.

I run the sensor API example that is provided by Nokia Corporation. And I install the plug_in and other Steps following the release. But there is the same error that is an -2 system error.

Where did you find the sersor framework ?
    And which example are you using ?