Discussion Board

Unhappy E72 Nokia Email messaging Service Issue - please help!!

I got my first ever Nokia device, tried setting the Nokia Messaging using my primary email on Gmail. However, it kept giving the errors like 'verifying credentials failed' or 'the account has expired'

I reset my phone and through the email.nokia website, went to the internet and logged in using my Gmail add and password. After logging in, in order to delete the account, i clicked on 'remove' account and the account was removed. I thought that was the end of it.

I tried setting up Nokia Messaging again using a Hotmail id and it worked. Now I have push email on my cell phone enabled. I added another hotmail account, that also works. BUT when i enter the earlier Gmail id, it gives error that the id is associated with another Nokia Messaging account and please click next to create an account to check mail MANUALLY.

I tried logging in on email.nokia.com through the Gmail id like I had done initially but it says "The user name and password you entered do not match any accounts on record. "

If the Gmail id has been deleted off the Nokia Messaging server and it can't log in through it, why can't i add it to my current Nokia Messaging Account which is active and working?

Re: E72 Nokia Email messaging Service Issue - please help!!

If any one from Nokia can help me by deleting my id alirazafazal@gmail.com from the Nokia Messaging? So i can link it with my current active and working Nokia Messaging Account? The Gmail is my main account and I seriously miss the push service on it!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: E72 Nokia Email messaging Service Issue - please help!!

Welcome to the Forum Nokia Developer discussion board, as this DiBo concentrates on development related issues, you might find more end-user problems related Dibo better suited for your query. Here's link for one: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/