Discussion Board

Nokia 6212 Mifare doubts

Hi,

I have some doubts on how to write in the Mifare memory of a Nokia 6212 Classic. I appreciate a lot any help.

- Do I have to open a secure channel in order to write in the Mifare Memory?

- I am trying to use a Omnikey 5321 for these, but when I try my script I get SW6986 on the "Load Keys" APDU. Does anybody have a sample script or a more friendly tool?

- The keys for the Mifare memory are MAD A0A1A2A3A4A5 and NDEF D3F7D3F7D3F7? Any example on how to use them?

- Does these apply the same for the Nokia 6131?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Daniel

Re: Nokia 6212 Mifare doubts

Quote Originally Posted by dacamejo View Post
    Hi,

I have some doubts on how to write in the Mifare memory of a Nokia 6212 Classic. I appreciate a lot any help.

- Do I have to open a secure channel in order to write in the Mifare Memory?

- I am trying to use a Omnikey 5321 for these, but when I try my script I get SW6986 on the "Load Keys" APDU. Does anybody have a sample script or a more friendly tool?

- The keys for the Mifare memory are MAD A0A1A2A3A4A5 and NDEF D3F7D3F7D3F7? Any example on how to use them?

- Does these apply the same for the Nokia 6131?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Daniel
    ad 1) no. the thing is that mifare uses it's own "secure channel" which will be established between the mifare reader and the mifare-IC. All the crypto-stuff is done by the hardware - after the correct authentication you can read/write the blocks.

ad 2) propably you want to post your script in order to see what you are trying to do and the see if we can help you with that.

ad 3) As long as the Mobile phone is "locked" the keys are not public. after unlocking the phone (with the unlock midlet) the keys are either A0A1A2A3A4A5, B0B1B2B3B4B5 or FFFFFFFFFF.

ad 4) yes.

best, geri-m

Re: Nokia 6212 Mifare doubts

Hi geri-m,

OK, the story is a bit complicated, I already unlocked the 6212 with the Midlet, this was no problem. Then I opened the Secure Channel with the test keys, again no problem... After doing some tests I had an error in one of the scripts, and apparently the SE is now blocked due to a security mechanism that was trigerred...

So now, I am trying to use the Mifare memory, even though the SE in blocked. I don't know if this is possible at all.

The Script I am using with the Omnikey 5321 is:

.POWER_ON

;Read UID
    FFCA000000 [XXXXXXXX] (9000)

;Load Authentication Keys
    FF82 2000 06 FFFFFFFFFFFF (9000)

;Authenticates
    FF86 0000 05 0100006000 (9000)

But I am getting 6986 in the "Load Authentication Keys" APDU, it doesnt even let me try the authentication, so I don't know if this is caused due to the SE blocked or beacause I am missing something.

I hope I was clear enough. Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Daniel