Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Annouce: Milkshake 0.1.0, a To Do list organizer

In the last weeks I have been working on a new program called Milkshake. It is primarily a To Do list organizer but we want to promote Milkshake a little bit more. Milkshake has a plugin architecture and it is simple to create extensions for importing/exporting/sync the task lists. At this moment, my friend javsmo is working on a plugin for Remember The Milk that will allow real synchronism with external sites and I wrote some basic plugins for backup (import/export) (I will write an article about plugins in PyS60 and post it at FN wiki soon).

I would like to invite you to test Milkshake and, who knows, to write a new plugin. For instance, it is possible to write a plugin to sync with google agenda or with some bug tracking system. Just ideas, feel free to comment and share it.

The current recommend version is 0.1.0 (for Python 1.9.6), available at google code under branch 0.1. Plugins initial documentation is at this page and screenshots at this page.

Re: Annouce: Milkshake 0.1.0, a To Do list organizer

Great Application Marcelo!!

I've tested it, it works perfectly! And the idea of extension/plugins is amazing! I was thinking in a way to extend it and send the to-do-list via bluetooth to my PC. It would be great (inside of the app). Like a menu Send, and you have the options (Send over bluetooth, over email, over sms... etc).

Anyway, i have a doubt, why does it not work with PyS60 1.9.7 ? Could you explain me ?

Thanks !

And keep refreshing it!

Marcel

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by marcelcaraciolo View Post
    I was thinking in a way to extend it and send the to-do-list via bluetooth to my PC. It would be great (inside of the app). Like a menu Send, and you have the options (Send over bluetooth, over email, over sms... etc).
    Interesting! If you want to code this feature, you can start it as a plugin and it may be promoted later to Milkshake core. For instance, Plugins->export->Send 2 plugin. You have full control over task list and it is simple to iterate over it. See plain text export plugin for tips

Quote Originally Posted by marcelcaraciolo View Post
    Anyway, i have a doubt, why does it not work with PyS60 1.9.7 ? Could you explain me ?
    In fact, it works. But Wordmobi does not work and I used 1.9.6 since I can not have 1.9.6 and 1.9.7 at the same time in my phone. If you want to play with 1.9.7, use the source code to build a new sis. Sis builder is working in windows (create_sis.bat) but in Linux it is generating a sis that can not be installed (create_sis.sh). I don't know the reason yet.

not working on 5800 with 2.0 runtimes, seems the same error i've had on my code when getting icons from a .mif file

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by lol1 View Post
    not working on 5800 with 2.0 runtimes, seems the same error i've had on my code when getting icons from a .mif file
    Sis was generated using Python 1.9.6. 2.0 only when SDK is available for anyone, sorry. It was tested in 5800 using Python 1.9.6 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelobarrosalmeida View Post
    Sis was generated using Python 1.9.6. 2.0 only when SDK is available for anyone, sorry. It was tested in 5800 using Python 1.9.6 as well.
    i think it's time to return to the old good 1.9.6 maybe the problem is in the 1.9.7 appuifw module