Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Thumbs up How to enable(Display) key pad in touch screen devices like Nokia 5800 Xpress music

Hi

I am developing mobile application for touch screen devices.

I have text field in my application, i want to enter some data in it, through the key pad,
    but i m not getting the entire key pad in Nokia 5800 (Xpress music) device and other HTC device as well.

Can any one tell me how to get the entire virtual key pad so that, i can enter some data in text field,
    i m getting only navigation keys & key like ABCD, it does not show the entire virtual key pad containing all Numbers(0-9) & All alphabets.

As my device does not have physical keypad, it contains only virtual key pad. so how i can enable(display) entire virtual key pad for J2ME application

Pls reply back soon.

Thanks
    Hidayath

Super Contributor

Re: How to enable(Display) key pad in touch screen devices like Nokia 5800 Xpress mus

You cannot.

If you are displaying a TextBox or TextField (on a Form), then you will see the keyboard appear automatically when the user attempts to enter data.

If you are using a Canvas, then the keyboard will not appear, as you are not displaying anything that the device recognizes as a text-entry field.

I suggest you read A Canvas Qwerty Keyboard For Touch Devices from the Nokia wiki.

Graham.