Discussion Board

Remove "Input options" item from menu on E52?

Hi

I have developed an application for S60 using QT, which have a couple of QActions in the menubar.

On most of the tested devices the menu works as expected, but I'm experiencing problems on the Nokia E52, when the application has focus on a QComboBox control and I press the menu button.

When I do this, I get a menu item called "Input options" in the menu, which I haven't created myself, but seems to be automatically created by QT/Symbian. If a user presses this menu item, the application crashes... :-( (It seems to be an issue similar to the one described on http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=181287, but I'm using QT instead)

This issues is quite critical for my users, and I would therefore like to know if anyone can:

- either help me remove this menu item somehow (It seems it isn't a QAction, so I can't remove it that way)
    - or help me detect when the menu item is selected, so I can catch/handle this somehow, so that the application doesn't crash.

Thanks in advance

Nikolaj

Re: Remove "Input options" item from menu on E52?

Hello again

After having debugged the issue further on the phone through Carbide.c++, I get the following output in the debug view in Carbide when choosing the "Input options" menu item:

Code:
    Thread [Thread id: 634] (Suspended: Signal 'Exception 100' received. Description: Thread 0x27a has panicked. Category: EIKCOCTL; Reason: 8.)	
    	2 Unknown (0x803512F0)()  0x803512f0	
    	1 Unknown (0x803512F0)()  0x803512f0
    From an old discussion on http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...p/t-17516.html it seems that this indicates "No such menu item".

Does this help in discovering what is wrong, and how I somehow can avoid the crash?

Nikolaj