Discussion Board

preventing browser to zoom on double click

Is there a way to prevent the browser from zooming when i double click a widget (with flash embedded, if that matters)?
    What about panning? In some 5800 phones I've installed my app, the content pans when I drag the mouse over the screen. Why is that and how can I prevent it?

thanks,
    Ranco

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: preventing browser to zoom on double click

Hi Ranco,

in my own experience, double click seems not to cause zooming actions within WRT widgets. Can you give some more infos about that?

About panning: in order to avoid it, you should define the widget width to be equal or less than the display width. Percentage widths (e.g.: "width: 100%") usually work well in these cases. The same thing is also valid for the widget's height.

Pit

Re: preventing browser to zoom on double click

Quote Originally Posted by jappit View Post
    Hi Ranco,

in my own experience, double click seems not to cause zooming actions within WRT widgets. Can you give some more infos about that?

About panning: in order to avoid it, you should define the widget width to be equal or less than the display width. Percentage widths (e.g.: "width: 100%") usually work well in these cases. The same thing is also valid for the widget's height.

Pit
    Well to me, the simplest swf embedded in a simple widget (like the one taken from here) causes that effect. I've seen it both happens and not, in different 5800 phones. Tested on N97 and it doesn't happen. Maybe it has something to do with Firmware version? Mine is 30.0.11 and it does happen every time on every widget.

The Pan doesn't happen to me but I saw it on another 5800... with earlier firmware version (20.xxx). After firmware upgrade it stopped.

Thanks,
    Ranco