Discussion Board

Question Java Verified Submission Portal - strange problem

Hi,

I have a strange problem with Java Submission Portal. My application FAILS the pre-test part, and I’m not able to take the next step (choose a device or a test house).

We got a document, generated by Java Submission Portal that is ridiculously based on Vodafone Java Technical Guidelines v1.2. There are some requirements we can't fulfill:

“WARNING: The MicroEdition-Configuration field does not have the correct value (CLDC-1.0). The test is defined in the Vodafone Java Technical Criteria v1.2, section 3.0, MANIFEST.MF Creation Guidelines, sub-section 3.1, MANIFEST.MF Guidelines table.WARNING: The MIDlet-Install-Notify field is present in the manifest. The test is defined in the Vodafone Java Technical Criteria v1.2, section 2.2, VSCL/VFX applications only - Jad/Jar requirements, sub-section 2.2.3, VFCL/VFX Jad guidelines table. This is also covered in section 2.3, MIDP applications - Jad/Jar Requirements, sub-section 2.3.1, MIDP Jad Guidelines table. “

(Of course, our application is CLDC 1.1, so why should we state it’s CLDC 1.0???)

“WARNING: The MIDlet-Install-Notify key does not have the correct value. For all Vodafone games this value must be http://www.vodafone.net/. This test fails according to the Vodafone Java Technical Guidelines v1.2, section 2.0, Jad/Jar General Requirements, sub-section 2.1, General Rules.WARNING: The MIDlet-Install-Notify key does not have the correct value. For all Vodafone games this value must be http://www.vodafone.net/. This test fails according to the Vodafone Java Technical Guidelines v1.2, section 2.0, Jad/Jar General Requirements, sub-section 2.1, General Rules.”

(Why Vodafone.net? It’s absurd!)

There is NO helpful information on the javaverified.com site. I have a Symbian Signed Publisher ID, (not the Java one), so maybe this is the problem? But how could I know, since Java (contact@javaverified.com) doesn’t answer my emails! My test house tried to help me, but they also have problems with contacting Java.
    Did anyone of you had similar problem? Do you know anyone (I mean a real being, who answer emails) from Java, who could help?

Super Contributor

Re: Java Verified Submission Portal - strange problem

Hi,
    I am no expert on this but found a thread where the publisher has succeeded.

Java Verified Certification and Ovi Submission.

I am about to submit my first J2ME app to Ovi.

I have signed the Midlet using my TC TrustCenter certificate (not a Verisign or Thawte one).
    I have taken the application to the Java Verfied Submission portal and past the Pretest Result.
    They seem to use a different certificate.

Thanks,
    Jim

Re: Java Verified Submission Portal - strange problem

I meant the TC Publisher ID for Symbian. I got an information from Trust Center, that it will work as TC Publisher ID for Java.