Discussion Board

WRT with flash doesn't load

I've build a simple widget with embedded Flash file:
    1. I Took a very similar wgz (mine, and working fine)
    2. Replace the swf file with the new one
    3. Changed referenced of the original swf to the new swf name, in all relevent files (tripple checked!)

The flash file works fine on the device if I just copy it it directly, but fails to load after Widget installation.

First indication that something is wrong: when I install it on my device (5800), the progress bar is running too fast, practically "jumps" over most of the wgz file, which is the swf file size. Installation is successful, BTW.
    Second, when I run the widget, screen turns black for a second and the widget exists back to the Application window.

have no idea what's going on! any clue, anyone??
    thanks,
    Ranco

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: WRT with flash doesn't load

Quote Originally Posted by ranco View Post
    have no idea what's going on! any clue, anyone??
    It seems to be a coding issue.One can solve this issue after taking a look at u wgz file and code. Just provide us a link to ur testing widget (.wgz) file .Otherwise, its hard and time consuming to predict that whats going wrong.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Re: WRT with flash doesn't load

Thanks. I'm now pretty certain it is a coding issue. I've replaced the swf with an older one and it does work. So it is not the wgz.
    the difference between both versions is some mp3 files loaded dynamically from the library and played at the end of some of the timelines.
    I'll try to narrow now it down (by rolling back the code) and if I fail, you can tell me how to upload the code (fla?).

Are there any know issues with flash exiting (crash?) the web browser whilst working fine in the flash player?
    Ranco

Quote Originally Posted by sajisoft View Post
    It seems to be a coding issue.One can solve this issue after taking a look at u wgz file and code. Just provide us a link to ur testing widget (.wgz) file .Otherwise, its hard and time consuming to predict that whats going wrong.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Nokia Developer Champion

Now it is somewhat clear. Well! I heard about this issue before but not experienced it myself.I think it occurs due to the reason that ur flash app is getting out of available heap memory . May be u r using big mp3 files with high quality in ur project. If this is the case , then u can try to use low quality mp3 files in ur project. However, i did a quick test and it works fine for me on 5800 and plays the sound when u hit the green button. Download it from here :
    MySoundWidget.wgz (For Quick Testing)
    MySoundWidget.fla (Source Code)

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Could be, that's what I have suspected. Problem is that you can't really debug on the device itself... so as I said, i'll try to narrow it down this evening. Anyway, I'm using quite small mp3 files, and the application have not even started !
    Ranco

Now it is somewhat clear. Well! I heard about this issue before but not experienced it myself.I think it occurs due to the reason that ur flash app is getting out of available heap memory . May be u r using big mp3 files with high quality in ur project. If this is the case , then u can try to use low quality mp3 files in ur project. However, i did a quick test and it works fine for me on 5800 and plays the sound when u hit the green button. Download it from here :
    MySoundWidget.wgz (For Quick Testing)
    MySoundWidget.fla (Source Code)

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ranco View Post
    Could be, that's what I have suspected. Problem is that you can't really debug on the device itself... so as I said, i'll try to narrow it down this evening. Anyway, I'm using quite small mp3 files, and the application have not even started !
    Ranco
    Well! if u dont find a solution with ur code, u can upload ur fla & wgz to a free server like uploading.com and provide a link here.I will try to fix it then .

Best Regarads,
    SajiSoft

Well! if u dont find a solution with ur code, u can upload ur fla & wgz to a free server like uploading.com and provide a link here.I will try to fix it then .

Best Regarads,
    SajiSoft
    I appreciate it!
    BUT - problem solved! I've just converted the mp3 files (11025 Hz, 96 kbps, stereo) to wav (PCM signed 16 bit, mono) and it started working again!
    I wish I know what's bad with the mp3 files but now that it is working, I don't really care
    Thanks again for all your help,
    Ranco