Discussion Board

About QT Mobility

Hi..

I am New in QT Mobility. I would like to do New Mobile Application. My doubts is, whether May I use QT IDE to develope for Mobile Application or I have to use only Carbide c++

If It Possible to use QT Ide for any Mobile Application, Please tell me about Emulators, Sample Application, how to run that application in Emulators.

Actually i did sample application using QT, but i dont know how to deploy and run in emulator?

Please Suggest me....

Thanks & Regards

Rajalakshmi

Regular Contributor

Re: About QT Mobility

You can and I would suggest to use QtCreator as IDE for Qt development. QtCreator currently supports Qt on S60. No support for Maemo has been announced so far but I'm pretty sure they are working on it. QtMobility works fine here inside QtCreator, regardless whether I use Qt for S60 or Qt for Mac OS.

I strongly suggest to not waste any time on the symbian emulator. It is way to slow to do any serious testing in it. Get a device and do on-device-debugging. It is quite easy to setup and works reliable. The only downside is that you have sign your binaries to let them run on the device. When you do not have a device, I suggest to get a copy of Qt for windows and create a desktop application. You will need a device for testing anyways when you finish your application.

Hi

Thank u so much.

I started my sample application in QT Creqtor, But i could run that application as desktop application only.. how can i run or deploy my sample application in s60 mobiles or emulator...

My application output file is sample.exe, But this file can not supported in forum nokia.

could you any one tell about s60 emulator. Is it require to change my .exe file to any .sis or .jar file

Please Suggest me.

Thank you once again

Rajalakshmi

Super Contributor

i suggest you read qt getting started for Qt for S60 and watch video for same.

About QT Mobility

Hi

I would need to know, how i start my application in QT Creator, How i deploy and run in s60 Emulator.. if i tried in Carbide C++, it would be very slow, as you said earlier, Sorry, I did nt find that how i start my applcation in QT creator.. with s60..

Please tell me the link, to install QT creator..

I am using http://efforts.embedded.ufcg.edu.br/qt/?p=127 This URl, to install the applcations.. this is step by step process.. is it correct... whether we have any other easy method to install and start my new applcation and run that..

Please suggest me..

Thanks & regards

Rajalakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by rajalakshmi View Post
    Hi

I would need to know, how i start my application in QT Creator, How i deploy and run in s60 Emulator.. if i tried in Carbide C++, it would be very slow, as you said earlier, Sorry, I did nt find that how i start my applcation in QT creator.. with s60..

Please tell me the link, to install QT creator..

I am using http://efforts.embedded.ufcg.edu.br/qt/?p=127 This URl, to install the applcations.. this is step by step process.. is it correct... whether we have any other easy method to install and start my new applcation and run that..

Please suggest me..

Thanks & regards

Rajalakshmi
    I +1 this request. How to build & run Qt Mobility application from Qt Creator to the Symbian emulator?

I always get errors. Thank you.
    [URL="http://qt-mobility.blogspot.com"]Hendy's Qt Mobility & Symbian Development Blog[/URL]

Super Contributor

that is for “Garden” version of Qt for S60 which was a prebuild version i suggest viewing the Videos for Qt 4.6 For S60 also read the Qt mobility readme file