Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Guarana components with dynamic content

Hi,

I quite like the Guarana UI library, but the examples all include predefined content for lists/accordion/dropdown. I suppose you can fudge some way of replacing content dynamically, but was wondering if there are some examples how to do this properly.

For example, how would you implement predictive search with Guarana? First, I couldn't find a ComboBox like component that is editable and also has a list. Second, available items change every time a character is added (e.g. results via ajax), and present docs don't provide any examples how to do this.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
    IL

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Guarana components with dynamic content

Hi ivanlitovski,

as for the component you mention (DropDown) there seems to be no current support for dynamically changeable options. Situation is similar for other components as well: in these situations you basically have 2 options:

* use plain HTML components where dynamic content is needed
    * destroy and re-create a brand new Guarana component when it needs to be changed

Being Guarana a fresh framework, and also being JavaScript based, you can get a lot of infos about behavior and supported features by digging into its source code.

Pit

Regular Contributor

Re: Guarana components with dynamic content

Quote Originally Posted by jappit View Post
    Being Guarana a fresh framework, and also being JavaScript based, you can get a lot of infos about behavior and supported features by digging into its source code.
    I think I see where this is going... Guarana has nice controls, but it is _not_ a UI framework. There is no concept of screens, containers and controls, essentially the normal UI development patterns just don't apply here.

I am tempted to create a UI framework to be able to use Guarana controls and styles. Before I get into this, however, I'd like to know what is the license for guarana code (I can't see any licensing info). Also, where is the source repository - it won't make sense to work with code that is several months old...