I own my N900 for about one month now and I'm really happy with it.
Only the view of the SMS History is kind of annoying.
So I wanted to edit the files which are responsible for the look of it.
These files are located in:
For each category (SingleSMS, SMSConversation and ChatConversation) three files: html, css and js.
But here's the problem:
In some files is a copyright text located at the top which says that I have to contact Nokia
if I want to change something there.
I wrote an Email to the german Nokia Support and they said I should try to ask here.* This software, including documentation, is protected by copyright
* controlled by Nokia Corporation. All rights are reserved.
* Copying, including reproducing, storing, adapting or translating,
* any or all of this material requires the prior written consent of
* Nokia Corporation. This material also contains confidential
* information which may not be disclosed to others without the prior
* written consent of Nokia.
So... am I allowed to modify these files?
There are some users at maemo.org which like to get the mod too.
Can I upload and share the modded files (or just the code) without getting into trouble?
Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany,