Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

How to know the all the API(functions ) required which capabilities!

Hi :

I want to know does there exist any tool (or anyway) to figure out the API and corresponding capability required.

I have tried one approach i.e enable capability check and assign no capability to the project then run the project see the log in epocwind.out but the problem is that request of API is not successful without cap. thus my project goes into unstable state.

Regards
    Manish

Re: How to know the all the API(functions ) required which capabilities!

Quote Originally Posted by manish.agarw View Post
    Hi :

I want to know does there exist any tool (or anyway) to figure out the API and corresponding capability required.

I have tried one approach i.e enable capability check and assign no capability to the project then run the project see the log in epocwind.out but the problem is that request of API is not successful without cap. thus my project goes into unstable state.

Regards
    Manish

A The Help documentation in the S60 3rd Edition SDKs provides general guidance on which platform security capabilities are required for various APIs. The capabilities that an application requires can be confirmed in the S60 emulator. When the option "Enable Debug Security Messages" and "Enable EPOCWIND.OUT Logging" are selected in the emulator's Preferences dialog (or PlatSecDiagnostics set to ON and LogToFile set to 1 in the emulator’s epoc.ini file), a log file is created in the Windows “temp” folder called epocwind.out that includes warning messages indicating the capabilities needed by the application.

Regular Contributor

Hi :

That's ok what u have said but there is an issue with this approach i.e how do i know which API required which CApabilities as output in the log window is in that format :

for ex :

65.280 HTTPPLUGIN:MHFRunL: EGotResponseHeaders (4)
    65.280 *PlatSec* WARNING - Capability check would have failed - A Message (function number=0x00000000) from Thread Naukri[e330de21]0001::Naukri, sent to Server CookieServer, was checked by Thread CookieServer.exe[101f8530]0001::!CookieServer and was found to be missing the capabilities: WriteDeviceData . Additional diagnostic message: Checked by CPolicyServer::RunL
    65.285 *PlatSec* WARNING - Capability check would have failed - A Message (function number=0x00000000) from Thread Naukri[e330de21]0001::Naukri, sent to Server CookieServer, was checked by Thread CookieServer.exe[101f8530]0001::!CookieServer and was found to be missing the capabilities: WriteDeviceData . Additional diagnostic message: Checked by CPolicyServer::RunL
    65.370 HTTPPLUGIN:MHFRunL: EGotResponseBodyData (5)

that doesn't specify the API []

Regards
    Manish

Regular Contributor

got the solution

The second way is to select the .mmp file in the Project Explorer window from within Carbide.c++ and select Project, Run Capability Scanner on Project MMP. The results will be displayed in a new Platform Security window

content took from this link
    http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/in...Symbian_Signed)

Regards
    manish

Quote Originally Posted by manish.agarw View Post
    got the solution

The second way is to select the .mmp file in the Project Explorer window from within Carbide.c++ and select Project, Run Capability Scanner on Project MMP. The results will be displayed in a new Platform Security window

content took from this link
    http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/in...Symbian_Signed)

Regards
    manish
    Its already documented here.