Discussion Board

Unable to unistall apllication from Nokia E72

Hi,

I was able to installed application on Nokia E72 for the first time and when I tried to uninstall its complaining Unable to remove application.

And if I try to reinstall on top of that its againg complaining Unable to install application.

I searched application manager and I can see only four applications in that folder where as in application folder its litsed more than that.

Could you please sort this out.

Thanks,
    mghasan

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Unable to unistall apllication from Nokia E72

How about restarting the device and try it again?
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Nokia Developer Moderator

that sounds like something can not be released, for example custom font that is loaded but not closed could cause that kind of behaviour.

hi there is a software called FE explorer u can use it to remove the software and other unwanted applications google it!!
    -chandan

Does that magical FE explorer have a AllFiles + TCB capabilities, so it could indeed go and delete files from protected folders ?

Quote Originally Posted by kiran10182 View Post
    How about restarting the device and try it again?
    I did restart few times and even I tried to uninstall other 3rd party applications like Skype, Googlemaps and qik just to check.

I don't know why my application and other applications like Skype, GoogleMaps and qik are not visible in Application Manager.

mghasan

You are posting this in a forum titled Feedback on Forum Nokia Services, but Forum Nokia does not provide any application uninstall service

If this is an application you have developed you should find a more appropriate forum on this board where to talk about it, with the proper technical details. If you are an end-user complaining about a 3rd party application you should contact application's developer and ask for advice on a end-user site, such as http://www.nokia.com/discussions
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    You are posting this in a forum titled Feedback on Forum Nokia Services, but Forum Nokia does not provide any application uninstall service

If this is an application you have developed you should find a more appropriate forum on this board where to talk about it, with the proper technical details. If you are an end-user complaining about a 3rd party application you should contact application's developer and ask for advice on a end-user site, such as http://www.nokia.com/discussions
    Hi ltomuta,

This problem is specific to phone model (Nokia E72 and SW 22.007) not related to any applications.

I have tested my application on Nokia E72 SW 21.024 and I was able to uninstall apllication without any problems.

I will test my application again on Nokia E72 SW 22.007 and let you know.

Thanks,
    mghasan