Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Smile put SWT ProgressBar on SWT shell problem

hi

i want to showing progress-bar on SWT MobileShell, i have done that but problem is that "my SWT MobileShell have SWT ListBox so when the progress-bar is running on the Mobileshell,at that time user can still clicking on the Background MobileShell ListBox item, is there any way to hide the MobileShell (i want to say that same happen when the SWT TimedMessageBox is pop-up on MobileShell and background screen(or shell) is become disable with black transparent color)

"i have also trying to putting progress-bar in shell and shell which is in mobileshell" but for that i want to doing that

My question is that i want to showing background shell behind top shell means i tell you that can i giving transparent effect or set any transparent color in mobile-shell which have progress-bar or i speak in another word " example like putting glass(as glass behave like my MobileShell which have progressbar) on shell so user can not click on the background shell but he can still to see it"

please help me on the above point

hey if anybody have idea then please reply me, its urgent, or any source code link, any example or any way for disable background shell with transparent black color so user can see the background shell but not click on the shell
    Last edited by yatin_indianic; 2010-01-25 at 04:24.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: put SWT ProgressBar on SWT shell problem

The only way I can think of is to create a 2nd Modal Shell which has you MobileShell as parent.You can actually put the ProgressBar to that 2nd Shell. Since it is modal it will block all the access to MobileShell

Code:
    MobileShell mobileShell = new MobileShell();
    Shell progressDialog = new Shell(mobileShell, SWT.APPLICATION_MODAL);
    // Put your progressBar to progressDialog. and open it.

--
    Gorkem

Regular Contributor

thank you friend for your reply

i get it your point, but again my question is that i want to showing background shell on top shell means i tell you that can i giving transparent effect or set any transparent color in mobile-shell which have progress-bar or i speak in another word " example like putting glass(as glass behave like a Mobile-shell which have progress-bar) on shell so user can not click on the shell and still user can also see it"

Last edited by yatin_indianic; 2010-01-23 at 09:50.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by gorkem.ercan View Post
    The only way I can think of is to create a 2nd Modal Shell which has you MobileShell as parent.You can actually put the ProgressBar to that 2nd Shell. Since it is modal it will block all the access to MobileShell

Code:
    MobileShell mobileShell = new MobileShell();
    Shell progressDialog = new Shell(mobileShell, SWT.APPLICATION_MODAL);
    // Put your progressBar to progressDialog. and open it.

--
    Gorkem

thank you friend for your reply

i get it your point, but again my question is that i want to showing background shell on top shell means i tell you that can i giving transparent effect or set any transparent color in mobile-shell which have progress-bar or i speak in another word " example like putting glass(as glass behave like a Mobile-shell which have progress-bar) on shell so user can not click on the shell and still user can also see it"