Discussion Board

Question How to change the icon in the task list

In S60 phones, when running applications, there are the icons of these applications in the tasklist.
    I want to change my application icon in the tasklist dynamically, how to write the code?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to change the icon in the task list

You can not really. Basically the icon comes from the application icon defined for it, and the icon is in most cases located in read-only folders. Of course themes can also overwrite the icons, but I'm not aware of any methods on changing the icon on there dynamically.

Super Contributor

I have to second Yucca here.

You can not, on Symbian, currently do something like Apple does with its calendar icon. This is due to the signing system, which does not allow you to modify your exe...
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Nokia Developer Moderator

hmmm, if I stick my head into the box, and try thinking outside the box, I could come up with one thing that might work, at least in theory.. Though completely none tested, and won't be having time for testing, but if somebody really really needs the functionality, then that someone could indeed try out, changing the global definition on the theme for the given applciations icon. Have no idea how it could actually be done, but as you can overwrite (at least local definitions) theme items, ou might be able to overwrite 3rd party app icons dynamically as well.. Anyway, just a theory, incase somebody has additional time to wonder things..