Discussion Board

Question Installing JME app in a Nokia 1680 via cable

Greetings!
    Has everyone experience on how to install a jme app in a nokia 1680 device via cable? i don't have the option to install it via OTA. I did read in a site ( in spanish )that is possible to connect this device to the PC, thru the NOKIA 2760 cable, in order to download|upload files, etc, ( and jme apps too? =0)

Looking forward to receive your views from above,

Super Contributor

Re: Installing JME app in a Nokia 1680 via cable

If it is possible, then you will need to install the Nokia PC Suite (should have been supplied with the device, on a CD), and use the Application Installer.

Graham.

Re: Installing JME app in a Nokia 1680 via cable

Quote Originally Posted by grahamhughes View Post
    If it is possible, then you will need to install the Nokia PC Suite (should have been supplied with the device, on a CD), and use the Application Installer.

Graham.
    Very thanx Graham for your kind + quick reply!
    Let me test it and i'll tell you.

Talking Re: Installing JME app in a Nokia 1680 via cable

Quote Originally Posted by grahamhughes View Post

Graham.
    Greetings!
    I want to share with all of you the way I connected the nokia1680 device to my PC thru a usb cable:

1) I bought a connectivity adapter cable for Nokia2760 ( US$ 9 approximately ). It comes with a CD containing the drivers for this cable.

2) I installed the USB Drivers

2) I installed Mobimb3.5.3 ( i downloaded 5 versions of this app before finding the useful one) ... a 30-days trial one

3) In Mobimb3.5.3., i added a new connection in File>>Settings, by choosing Nokia >> Cable/USB , then i chose Nokia FUSB/CA-45 cable. The port selected was the port COM4, and a "Nokia 1680 Classic b" link appears. It indicates that the connection was made.

4) After these steps, I was able to read the contents from my device ( images, sounds ) and i copied|pasted my .jar and .jad files in the "Games & Apps > Collections" folder.

Finally, I started my app and (at least) it appears.

The Nokia PC Suite app didn't recognize the USB connection ( i installed the 7.1 version of this app ), if anyone knows how to configure the nokia1680 in NokiaPCSuite, pls tell me, this app looks more ... "professional", i had to say it by now, mobimb works for me.

I hope everybody to find useful this info.

Regards,