Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Problems with incoming VoIP 3.x calls

Quote Originally Posted by traud View Post
    N85-User, in VoIP 3.x the realm is not important as it was in 2.x because now the realm is received (and re-used) from the first response of your server. Here in this thread, you have to patch your registrar/proxy (not to touch the contact header field) or place another proxy in between as Simon described. However, whether that hash in the contact header is the cause of your problem, should be checked with a packet analyser beforehand.
    We used WireShark for listen the Switch between the PBX and the phone and, appear that the problem was in the mobile that receive the response in other port (5060).

Quote Originally Posted by traud View Post
    Not compliant to what?
    Obviously, Nokia VoIP 3.0 SIP client is not compliant with many sip servers.

What's easy to change - lots of registrars (if poosible at all, as advised by traud) or just to add a flag in next firmware release of Nokia - whether the contact URI is randomized by Nokia or is used as entered by the user. The default may still be 'random' or hashed URI. Isn't that simply?

i have a Nokia E5 with Voip 3.x Settings and SIP with Cisco CME 7.0... not working...

i can only make calls - but didn't receive any call...

is there now a solution with this URI/Contact Problem...

~elkono

Has anyone found a solution to this?
    It is obviously ridiculous to ask large providers such as BroadVoice to change their servers when thousands of customers already use them without problems. I have tried BroadVoice with a N95 8GB. It works. With my brand new N8, it doesn't work. What am I supposed to think? At least when you break compatibility like that, you are required to be polite and provide a configuration setting to turn on backward compatibility. At the very least...
    Now what am I supposed to do? I need it working. I don't care about a detail of an RFC. I want INTEROPERABILITY. Is that clear, Nokia?

Sorry for the rant.
    Thanks,
    Douglas

I have the same problem, and it's incredible that nokia doesn't fix the voip setting 3.x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12