Discussion Board

Qt Console + Mobility

As mentioned in another thread http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...play.php?f=232 were i am facing problem with using Mobility APIs on Qt. Just noticed that it is happening with all APIs so i started suspecting that the console Main Entry has some thing to do so here is how i am trying

Code:
    #include <QtCore>
    #include <QCoreApplication>

#include "msgmonitor.h"

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
        QCoreApplication a(argc, argv);

CMobility mobility; // CMobility is derived from QObject and construct it initializes mobility apis
        mobility.Start(); // here actually it calls the actual mobility actions like sending SMS
                          // where it fails with KERN-EXEC : 3

return a.exec();
    }
    i am stuck here . can any body, any expert help me removing these errors

Re: Qt Console + Mobility

nobody faced same problem

problem in this release of Qt mobility http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=191612

Nokia Developer Champion

Your posted code contains no usable information to reproduce your problem. You will have to show us what CMobility does. Now you posted some code and you say: Some random class from my application makes my app crash but I do not show you what it does. Can you guess what my problem is?

Quote Originally Posted by axeljaeger View Post
    Your posted code contains no usable information to reproduce your problem. You will have to show us what CMobility does. Now you posted some code and you say: Some random class from my application makes my app crash but I do not show you what it does. Can you guess what my problem is?
    Mr axeljaeger, donot need to be so rude please read the #1 post where i mentioned about my previous post that has the code. By the way this post i have closed so no need to answer on this thread.

Nokia Developer Champion

You are right, there is no reason to be rude. I just wanted to point out "why nobodoy faced the same problem". My aim here is seriously to help people and sometimes it is enough to ask some more questions to make the problem clear for other people. The thread linked in the first topic is unfortunately no longer available. I've now read the thread that is linked in your 3rd post here and see that the problem was already confirmed as a bug in the implementation.

My original goal was to make you post the source, have a look over it and hopefully find a mistake there.

Thank you for reminding me using more appropriate wording in the future here.
    Last edited by axeljaeger; 2010-01-29 at 10:09.