Discussion Board

Unhappy locationrequestor woes ...

Hi All, im pretty new to mobile development and i really need some help with the locationrequestor. Im not new to python however as that is my tool of trade but im new to the S60 platform and i have a few things i would like to confirm.

I am able to install the locationrequstor.sis after signing it however when i run the test.py file that came with the package on 1.9.7 pythonshell it says that the module locationrequestor is not found.

I am running it on an n85 using 1.9.7 runtime and same level shell (of which both seem like they are signed by nokia already). What im not sure about is, does it not find the module because of caps that i havnt enabled somehow or is it because i have not added something in the path. Does installing locationrequstor.sis automatically allow me to run import locationrequestor from the shell or do i still need to do something to be able to import this module ?

When i do this it fails with a module not found. So im not sure if this error is a result of me not signing something correctly or not adding something into the path.

I have testing the basic GPS scripts that are available in the examples and they work fine however i would rather use the locationrequestor then use direct access to the GPS or location modules.

one last question that is somewhat related. The whole shabang that im trying to get working requires python runtime, locationrequestor and some http functions do each of these modules need to be signed with the same certificate online ? or is it ok some are signed by nokia whilst some have been signed online by me

Thanks in advance guys
    Sid

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: locationrequestor woes ...

hello sidneib

welcome to forum nokia python discussion boards.

I am not sure but i guess LocationRequestor is not ported to PyS60 1.9.x releases, please correct me if i am wrong.

Second suggestion why dont you use the default positioning module it works good if you want the data from the inbuilt GPS module.

Enjoy Pythoning

hey gaba88, there is a version of locationRequestor for python its a .sis file. I have managed to install it but im not sure how to reference the locationrequestor module. Am i supposed to just install it and then import the location requestor or do i need to do something else, cause trying to access it directly after install doesnt work ?

Could it be that i need to mergesis the locationrequestor.sis with the code that i have written in order to access its functions ? i dont actually want to package my code yet and would rather run it as a script from the python interpretor so its easy to modify if there are errors.

I have actually written the code to use the internal GPS and it works but i would rather use timeouts and callback functions on the readiness of data, as opposed to having a while true loop sitting in another thread.

It seems that locationrequestor does support callbacks etc, thats why i wanted to try it out

thanks for the info guys

Sid

gaba88, i think the docos i was going through wasnt complete , i found this and it has everything i need http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/in..._on_Symbian%29

Thanks for your suggestion

Sid