Discussion Board

Unhappy How to run a Qt Mobility app on the S60 emulator

Can you show me how to run a Qt Mobility app working on the emulator?

I cannot install Qt_Mobility_tech_preview.sis with error:

Certificate error. Contact the application supplier.

When I run a Qt Mobility app that uses Contacts, it only return "memory" and "invalid" Contact managers... that is, same as when I run the app in Windows. It doesn't return the S60 Contact Manager.
    [URL="http://qt-mobility.blogspot.com"]Hendy's Qt Mobility & Symbian Development Blog[/URL]

Re: How to run a Qt Mobility app on the S60 emulator

e.g. running a Qt Mobility Contacts app in the S60 emulator shows this in console:

Code:
    Starting C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\release\winscw\udeb\messagemerge.exe...
    Plugin paths: ("C:/Private/ea138c70", "C:/resource/qt/plugins", "C:/Private/ea138c70") 

Looking for plugins in "C:/resource/qt/plugins/contacts" ("mobapicontactspluginsymbian.qtplugin") 

Unknown plugin: "The file 'C:/resource/qt/plugins/contacts/mobapicontactspluginsymbian.qtplugin' is not a valid Qt plugin."  [qobject: QObject(0x0)  ] 

Found engines: () 

Found actions: ()
    [URL="http://qt-mobility.blogspot.com"]Hendy's Qt Mobility & Symbian Development Blog[/URL]

Nokia Developer Moderator

You cannot install SIS files in the emulator, unless they are build for it - WINSCW config binaries inside.

Since no WINSCW binaries are provided with the tech preview release your only way forward it to build them yourself from the source code.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    You cannot install SIS files in the emulator, unless they are build for it - WINSCW config binaries inside.

Since no WINSCW binaries are provided with the tech preview release your only way forward it to build them yourself from the source code.
    Thank you. I am trying this now:

Code:
    cd \QtMobility
    configure
    make debug-winscw
    this will take quite some time.......

Question Re: How to run a Qt Mobility app on the S60 emulator

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post

Thanks ltomuta, however it doesn't work.

After building "make debug-winscw" on qtmobility (which is successful), but during run on emulator it says:

Code:
    Starting C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\release\winscw\udeb\messagemerge.exe...

Plugin paths: ("C:/Private/ea138c70", "C:/resource/qt/plugins", "C:/Private/ea138c70")

Looking for plugins in "C:/resource/qt/plugins/contacts" ("mobapicontactspluginsymbian.qtplugin")

Unknown plugin: "The file 'C:/resource/qt/plugins/contacts/mobapicontactspluginsymbian.qtplugin' is not a valid Qt plugin." [qobject: QObject(0x0) ]
    the mentioned plugin file exists though.

My app still runs, but it still doesn't list symbian contactmanager.

On the other hand, my app runs on the E71 device, listing symbian contactmanager. But any attempt to access contacts on it, crashes the app without any message whatsoever. This happens whether I compile using debug-gcce or release-gcce.

I have added ReadUserData and WriteUserData capabilities, does it need anymore? How can I know what is crashing my app?