Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Custom FEP crashes on Contacts ,error KERN EXEC 3 on Emulator, but NOT in 5800 device

Dear Sir,

1. I have made a Custom FEP based application for series 60 5th edition SDK v1.0 using carbide IDE (ver 2.0)
    2. In the emulator i open my interface (setup) application and activate my FEP. I now close setup program and open the "Contacts application".
    3. I select option "New Contact", the New Contact screen opens. Here without adding anything i click on "options" and select "exit" . The Emulator crashes giving error "KERN EXEC 3" error.
    4. Also one more problem i have seen in the Contacts application, irrespective of the FEP, is that if i open the contacts and select option "Create Message" the emulator does not open Message screen at all.
    5. The good thing is i installed My FEP on Nokia 5800 device but did not get the above 2 errors (pt. 3 and 4.) on device. But still i want to know as of why on Emulator did i get these errors.
    6. My Emulator Software is
    Sofware version
    VS60_5_0_200849

Software version date
    3-12-08

Model

Type
    s60-50

Latest Update
    Not updated

7. My Nokia 5800 Sofware is updated

Please help me on this issue

regards,
    Sameer Kamble

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Custom FEP crashes on Contacts ,error KERN EXEC 3 on Emulator, but NOT in 5800 de

If you search the forum for KERN EXEC 3 you'll see it gets discussed every week, along with all the possible causes.
    Look at the possible causes and then take it from there

(3 most common: you're using too much stack space, you're dereferrencing a null pointer or invalid pointer)

Re: Custom FEP crashes on Contacts ,error KERN EXEC 3 on Emulator, but NOT in 5800 de

Quote Originally Posted by sameerbkamble View Post
    Dear Sir,

1. I have made a Custom FEP based application for series 60 5th edition SDK v1.0 using carbide IDE (ver 2.0)
    2. In the emulator i open my interface (setup) application and activate my FEP. I now close setup program and open the "Contacts application".
    3. I select option "New Contact", the New Contact screen opens. Here without adding anything i click on "options" and select "exit" . The Emulator crashes giving error "KERN EXEC 3" error.
    4. Also one more problem i have seen in the Contacts application, irrespective of the FEP, is that if i open the contacts and select option "Create Message" the emulator does not open Message screen at all.
    5. The good thing is i installed My FEP on Nokia 5800 device but did not get the above 2 errors (pt. 3 and 4.) on device. But still i want to know as of why on Emulator did i get these errors.
    6. My Emulator Software is
    Sofware version
    VS60_5_0_200849

Software version date
    3-12-08

Model

Type
    s60-50

Latest Update
    Not updated

7. My Nokia 5800 Sofware is updated

Please help me on this issue

regards,
    Sameer Kamble

have you tried putting some logs and debugging where your application crashes.

Whatever the application is you are playing wrong with memory. So getting this output.