i'm developing an application using eSWT and testing with both S60 5th edition Emulators (SDK 1.0 and N97 1.0) and device (Nokia 5800 with latest firmware installed 40.0.005).
I really think eSWT is a good platform to developing mobile apps. Anyway there are some things I still can't address and that i need for in order to make my application reaching a production stage.
- I would like to personlize my application using custom colors: while I'm able to set single widgets and components colors I'm still not able to personalize colors of shell header and shell commands. Is that possible?
- I really need a Scrollable Composite for my application: I read the other discussion about this feature (http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=165964). From Eclipse bug report page (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=224075) it looks to be fixed: is anyone know when this feature will be released in Nokia S60 eSWT distributions?
- I installed and tested the new JRT 2.0 with my application. All is working good (great improvements in the installation process and in security related messages management) even if something goes wrong (see http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia...feedback-crash). I read that JRT 2.0 is including updates to eSWT widgets: is anyone know or can link me a resource where to find which updates are applied?
- My application make use of ListBox and ListBoxItems: improvements in Nokia 5800 firmware (40.0.005) are applied to this widget (i.e. Kinetic Scrolling) even if i still experimenting some bugs in visualization: vertical scrollbar is not refreshing good after a scroll, and focusing the first or the last ListBox items produce all the widget background be highlighted. Also with JRT 2.0 the problem persist.
- Plans about new Nokia S60 eSWT distribution releases: is there any resource in the web when i can read about this? Will the updates be available within new device firmware or emulators revisions?
Sorry for the large message, hope someone can help.