Discussion Board

Question How to change the name of the audio files

Hello,
    I've tryed to change the name of the audio files in the multimedia section but Carbide UI doesn't allow me to change anything. When I load the file the name is always changed to SoundRingingTone or SoundMessageAlert. I'd like to keep the name of the mp3 file I add. If I try to reload the same file the name is added with "_2". It's possible to keep the name of the file?
    Thank you a lot

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: How to change the name of the audio files

This is not supported in the theme tool.

Re: How to change the name of the audio files

Hi all,
    We have the exact same problem.
    If is not possible to change the names in Carbide.ui tool, then what is the way to do it?
    Is there a solution for this?

Thank you,
    Diva

Exclamation Re: How to change the name of the audio files - FEEDBACK FROM NOKIA

HI ALL,

we got a Feedback from the technical support from Nokia, please find below:

------

You are correct to point out that Carbide.ui does not provide any functionality for renaming your theme’s sound files. This is a limitation of the tool.

Fortunately, you can create many themes with Carbide.ui and install them to the same phone without the sound files conflicting. This is because even though the files will have the same name, they will be installed to different directories in the phone’s file system.

Every theme that you intend to distribute publically must have a Unique ID (UID). The current theme’s UID can be seen in Carbide.ui by selecting “Tools” > “Create New Package” from the application menu. The dialog that appears contains a field for entering the Theme UID.

I assigned the UID “0xA0000000” to a test theme that I created. The resulting auto-generated Symbian package file contained instructions to install the sound files to a directory based on the test theme’s UID. The package file excerpt below shows this directory having the name “a0000000”.

; Sound files
    ;
    "SoundRingingTone.mp3" - "!:\private\10207114\import\a0000000\SoundRingingTone.mp3"
    "SoundMessageAlert.mp3" - "!:\private\10207114\import\a0000000\SoundMessageAlert.mp3"

Using Carbide.ui Theme Edition v2.0 with the recently updated S60 5th Edition plug-in and the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, I was able to create and install four new themes, each having different sounds. These four themes and their sounds all lived happily together on the phone. When I activated a theme, the correct sounds were played when receiving calls and SMS messages.

Although it is possible to manually rename the sound files and edit the theme project files outside of Carbide.ui, this is best avoided to reduce the chance of corrupting the theme.