Discussion Board

Is there a way to get the image meta info like Location, Description, Tag ?

The details page of an image has Description, Tag, Album etc information and I can't find any API functions which expose these things? Can anyone suggest a way to get this information(I am working on N97). Thanks.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Is there a way to get the image meta info like Location, Description, Tag ?

I think you could maybe check the APIs used in Geo tagging exmaple: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ng_Example.zip

Basically the API would be the CExifRead thing used in there as well.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think this information is stored in the exif tags, I copied an image with description, tag etc from my phone to PC and printed out all the exif tags but I don't find the description anywhere.

I'm not aware of any other metadata format that would be used with jopg images on Nokia devices, so dunno then what kind of information you are seeking from the images.

Some old devices, on which the Life Blog application is available or which were said to be compatible with that application, had the location info stored in a separate database rather in the image file itself. Then la Life Blog app was able to access and decode that info.

For the sake of simplicity we should consider those devices as not supporting geotaging. Thus, if an image is geotagged it will have the info in the Exif tags. If the tags are not set, the image is not geotaged. Solved
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

No, I am not talking about Geo tags, every image has a Details page(Options->Details on N97) where Name, Description, Album, Tag, etc are shown, this information must be stored somewhere right?