Discussion Board

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Nokia decided to make that URI unique. As far as I understand the RFCs up today, you can write anything into that URI as long as it matches you.
    Last edited by traud; 2010-06-04 at 16:38.

Re: Can't receive VoIP calls with E72

You probably have a far better understanding of this, however why is it that on all other SIP devices the contact URI shown/sent to the proxy is the username@NATAddress while VoIP Settings 3.x sends randomly_translated@NATAddress .

Whichever device I test this on (Siemens Gigaset, PC software dialer, Nokia VoIP Settings 1 & 2.x) it sends the real username chosen by the user, I don't understand why Nokia decides now to make things more complicated since this used to be working fine as it was in previous releases... if there's a real decision behind this I'd like to understand the rationale behind it.

A Nokia device might run several SIP applications and Nokia wants to make sure the content is correctly routed internally of the device. Just my two cents.
    Last edited by traud; 2010-06-04 at 16:26.

We also have a similar problem with pbxes.org and incoming calls. We can make outbound calls, but incoming calls can't get through. On N97 mini using the latest voip setting app for 5th edition. I found another thread where other people reported the same problem with other pbx systems

Can you paste the link to that other thread you're refering to ? I wish Nokia would at least take that reality of compatibility with existing systems into account (and not just their interpretation of the SIP RFC) in a patch where you would get a setting choice for this. Unfortunately I understand VoIP Settings is not officially supported by Nokia.

Apologies for throwing my two pennies in but I can understand that the E72 may send additional information in the SIP message, for instance my E72 send the following when registering:

Contact: <sip:8LDwAfd9ek9cT4-Z4kZF@192.168.81.74;transport=UDP>

So why does the E72 decline the invite from the PBX using the very same details?

Thanks

Gavin

Which status code/message do you get?

Quote Originally Posted by traud View Post
    Which status code/message do you get?
    Hi,

I get a 603 decline from E72.

Thanks

Gavin

Any updates on this issue. If there is going to be no workaround for this issue regardless of who needs to patch their software, E72 will not be a choice for a lots people looking for a voip mobile device, it is hard to push Internet telephony providers to patch their servers because they will claim it works and they'll throw the ball in nokia's court.

Does E71 have the same issue?
    Last edited by learn_about_voip; 2010-05-25 at 15:08.

Quote Originally Posted by learn_about_voip View Post
    Any updates on this issue. I was looking for a mobile phone with good voip support. E72 was gonna be my choice but if there is no workaround for this issue regardless of who needs to patch their software, E72 will not be a choice, it is hard to push Internet telephony providers to patch their servers because they will claim it works and they'll throw the ball in nokia's court.

Hi,

For me this isnt fixed as yet, I currently have a call open with Nokia regarding this and not had a response.

We used E71's without issue on version 2 of the SIP Advance settings.

Gavin

And why is it that only GIZMO has build a configuration download for this device? Obviously not so many voip providers can support this interpretation of the RFC. It is not a good idea to be stubborn about who is SIP compliant and loose a lots of sales as a result. Nokia needs to make a wise decision here and update their software to provide an option to turn off this unique feature. After all they are after making money, not just providing a SIP compliant feature without an urgent need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by learn_about_voip View Post
    Any updates on this issue. If there is going to be no workaround for this issue regardless of who needs to patch their software, E72 will not be a choice for a lots people looking for a voip mobile device, it is hard to push Internet telephony providers to patch their servers because they will claim it works and they'll throw the ball in nokia's court.

No E71 doesn't have this problem, as well as other VoIP 2.0 devices. The problem is with VoIP 3.x devices only. For a list of devices see: http://www.forum.nokia.com/Technolog..._devices.xhtml

Regards.

I met the same problem on E52.
    Is there any workaround solution to fix it? Is there a way to change the voip 3.2 on E52 back to 2.x.

My E71 works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by theblarney View Post
    I get a 603 decline from E72.
    That is another issue, or?

i must admit that e52 and e51 are both expiriencing same problems as far as recieving calls is concerned. you are getting calls but you can not hear voice from the other end while caller can hearing your voice perfectly well. any idea how to correct?