Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Can't receive VoIP calls with E72

Hi there

I'm trying to set up a VoIP service on Nokia E72 using a private server (miniSipServer) as well as IpTel.org.

With FP1 devices (i.e. E51, E71) this worked well. Now, with the E72, after installation of Sip VoIP settings 3.x, I can connect to the server (this even worked w/o the Sip Voip settings patch) and place calls to FP1 devices (E51, E71) as well as X-Lite and other soft phones.

But if I want to call the E72 from any device, I get an "Address not in use" error message. Looking at the SIP messages, I found that the server INVITEs the E72's client, which replies with a TRYING, followed by a "404 NOT FOUND".

Both devices have all codecs but the G.729 deactivated.

Did anyone have similar trouble?

BR Simon

Although it should be the default, make sure to enter ‘nokia.stun’ as protocol into the NAT setting. Did that help?

Re: Can't receive VoIP calls with E72

Thanks for your reply, but that didn't help.

The really strange thing is that the called cellular IS found. My E72's SIP client replies correctly, that it is "TRYING" to get the voip client ringing - according to the protocol. So, all NAT traversial issues are solved (so far), the phone (piece of hardware) IS found. Ok, now, the SIP client within the phone seems to look for a VoIP client - and seems not to find one. Like a proxy, that is "TRYING" to contact the next "downstram" SIP agent. And shortly after that, it replies "NOT FOUND" So, there must be some broken connection within the E72?!?! Or for some reason, the VoIP client (Not SIP client) is not willing to react on the SIP client's request.

BTW: The SIP client in FP2 seems not to know 127.0.0.1 (LocalHost).
    In FP1, LocalHost is a valid address for SIP. Maybe, this issues are somehow connected to each other??

Otherwise, it would have been too easy.
    Last edited by traud; 2010-05-20 at 15:17.

I think I found the problem!

When VoIP3.x registers a user, it writes a hash in the contact URI, i.e. "aweofj293j2c0239jdwiofje0@mydomain.org"
    To invite a user, the server has to put this hash in the request-URI.

Asterisk seems to do so, iptel.org doesn't, neither does miniSipServer. I've put a proxy between the server and a client that remembers this hash for every user and copies this hash into the request-uri at every outgoing INVITE from the server, and now it works.

I don't know who is breaking the standard, but at the moment, there just seem to be servers that don't like Nokia Feature pack 2.

Greets
    Simon

Glad to see you both identified the issue and found a solution. This drove me nuts for some time now: I have tested with both E72 and E52 and get the same problem: no incoming calls with my VoipSwitch server.

I just took a trace on the server and you're aboslutely right: in the Contact Field sent by the E72 the username of the SIP account is changed from "Support1" to "kmjZ3YOXb_rakfnLNRhe"

Unfortunately unlike on Asterisk I don't have a way to modify the INVITE from the VoipSwitch Server to correct this as you did. I guess I can only wait for Nokia to release an corrected version of the Sip settings 3.1. It's a shame.

Now, here is something else: this incoming call problem does not occur with every SIP services on the E72: I just tested with a local free DID-to-SIP Account service we have here (ippi.fr) and that works to receive calls on my E72...

I'm not expert enough to understand the difference(and I appologise for attempting to write about something I don't fully understand) but here's what I think I know:
    - VoipSwitch registration (which doesn't work for incoming calls on E72) is a "SIP proxy registration type" whereas
    - ippi.fr (which does work for incoming calls on E72) is of the "SIP registrar type".

Does this make sense at all to anybody here ?

I still need Nokia to fix it though... as it's the VoipSwitch (which uses proxy rather than registrar) that I sell to my customers (I stopped pointing my customers to Nokia phones for now -which is a shame since the previous VoIP settings versions were a real blast in terms of audio quality and phone integration/ease of use for the consumer-)

Why should Nokia fix that?

Quote Originally Posted by traud View Post
    Why should Nokia fix that?
    Good question... why should they fix anything that does not work as advertised on their product ? customer satisfaction maybe ?

Could any one tel me about any other Voip Clint to use?

also i need to buy 10 phones that can send and receive calls over Local SIP Regestere, so could any one help me to chose the best phone for my clint?

your cooperation is highly approciated.
    Mahmoud
    Last edited by slayre; 2011-01-30 at 09:35. Reason: Mistake

We also have a similar problem with pbxes.org and incoming calls. We can make outbound calls, but incoming calls can't get through. On N97 mini using the latest voip setting app for 5th edition. I found another thread where other people reported the same problem with other pbx systems

Can you paste the link to that other thread you're refering to ? I wish Nokia would at least take that reality of compatibility with existing systems into account (and not just their interpretation of the SIP RFC) in a patch where you would get a setting choice for this. Unfortunately I understand VoIP Settings is not officially supported by Nokia.

Hello all.My problem is the same: i may do a outgoing calls from my E52 that register as a client of nec sv8100 by sip, but i can't receive incoming calls from another client of the same station. pbx can not find my nokia by URI that generate my sip application. i right understand that when i downgrade sip modules and application in my e52 i resolve this problem.

sorry for my english))))

best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiroCode View Post
    We also have a similar problem with pbxes.org and incoming calls. We can make outbound calls, but incoming calls can't get through. On N97 mini using the latest voip setting app for 5th edition. I found another thread where other people reported the same problem with other pbx systems
    i also have a PBX in my house but i have the same problem with E72 i have the same version of advanced voip setting 3-X

Apologies for throwing my two pennies in but I can understand that the E72 may send additional information in the SIP message, for instance my E72 send the following when registering:

Contact: <sip:8LDwAfd9ek9cT4-Z4kZF@192.168.81.74;transport=UDP>

So why does the E72 decline the invite from the PBX using the very same details?

Thanks

Gavin