Discussion Board

ovi - sales - gone

Hi,

My company (http://www.nogasoft.com) was one of the first to publish on ovi, we've published a set of 10 apps, all are dictionary apps which are well sold on many other portals,
    In the initial phase (about 6 months ago) we got a drift of about 1 sale a day or so, not impressive but we figured its the beginning of the ovi thing and perhaps the traffic is very limited, we also had to go through hell with the certificates and all that, we were patient and gave it time.
    Now, in the last 3 or so months (including the christmas season) we have seen 0 sales (I mean it, zero sales) in the reports, this makes very little sense to us and we
    were wondering if any other publishers are experiencing the same phenomenon. I'm saying phenomenon because even in very limited small portal we get a least a few sales per week, so it makes absolutely no sense to us.

any hint appreciated,
    --tzurs

Re: ovi - sales - gone

Hi

Interesting story. Based on my experience of OVI, I suggest that you email PublishToOvi.Support@nokia.com and ask them to check that reports are working correctly for you. I would have thought that it’s very unlikely that you have no sales at all in 3 months. You could also try a test purchase yourself.

Regards

http://s60bluetoothremote.blogspot.com/

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: ovi - sales - gone

Interesting story. Based on my experience of OVI, I suggest that you email PublishToOvi.Support@nokia.com and ask them to check that reports are working correctly for you. I would have thought that it’s very unlikely that you have no sales at all in 3 months. You could also try a test purchase yourself.
    Hi

Yes, please email publisher support. The test purchase is a good suggestion too. Note that if there is an issue with the external reporting, the sales are still being captured internally.

Thank you