Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Gauge in Alert for unlimited time without Dismiss Command

Hi All,

We can set Gauge in Alert using setIndicator(Gauge gauge). But it gets dismissed after some time automatically. And if I use setTimeout(Alert.FOREVER). I get a dismiss Command. Is it possible to keep Gauge in Alert for indefinite time without Dismiss command?

I also tried Canvas. But there was some issue with using Canvas with Network Connection on S60 device when it has to ask for Access Points.

One thing could be to use Form without Commands. This is not having any issues.

Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks,
    Sandeep

Super Contributor

Re: Gauge in Alert for unlimited time without Dismiss Command

if I remember correctly there should be a method for an Alert with which you can remove commands...

The documentation here :
    http://library.forum.nokia.com/topic...dui/Alert.html

states several things :

When it is created, an Alert implicitly has the special Command DISMISS_COMMAND present on it. If the application adds any other Commands to the Alert, DISMISS_COMMAND is implicitly removed. If the application removes all other Commands, DISMISS_COMMAND is implicitly restored. Attempts to add or remove DISMISS_COMMAND explicitly are ignored. Thus, there is always at least one Command present on an Alert.
    So I'm afraid that according to this there is no way to completely remove the dismiss command, unless obviously you exchange it for some other command

Regular Contributor

Thanks Tiger,

It seems we might have to use Canvas or a Form without Commands to achieve this.

Regards,
    Sandeep

Hi...is there any way we can extract the data from mysql database and send it on mobile phones as an image. I'm using j2me for mobile applications and php for the website. Once when user enters the personal information on website then i want to get those data which has been entered in the database and save it as an image form and send it on mobile phone...any idea how to do that...your help will be highly appreciated...if possible please give the code

Regular Contributor

shareen
    Hi...is there any way we can extract the data from mysql database and send it on mobile phones as an image. I'm using j2me for mobile applications and php for the website. Once when user enters the personal information on website then i want to get those data which has been entered in the database and save it as an image form and send it on mobile phone...any idea how to do that...your help will be highly appreciated...if possible please give the code
    No need to post same question in this post and this post too!

Continue this in ur original post

Nikesh~
    Enthusiastic