×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    442

    Get "Feture not Supported" error message in device.

    Hi

    I have created .lib file named stlport and openssl with stlport_s.lib and libcrypto_p.lib named accordingly.

    I have created one UI which including these LIB, Its works fine in S60 emulator but when i load the sis into the device its shows Feature not supported on opening it.....

    i am using 3nd edition device(E71)
    and working on 9.2 FP1 SDK...

    Please help me...


    Thank you & Regards
    SymbianTH

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,166

    Re: Get "Feture not Supported" error message in device.

    check that waht function call is giving that error, othervise it is rather impossible to know the reason.

  3. #3
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    442

    Re: Get "Feture not Supported" error message in device.

    Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    check that waht function call is giving that error, othervise it is rather impossible to know the reason.
    When I tried to call function related to libcrypto_p.lib, crash application. I am trying to call following functions.

    HMAC_CTX ctx;
    HMAC_CTX_init(&ctx);

    It works perfectly in Emulator but after installation in Mobile(E71) when I click on application Icon for open at that time give me a message "feature not supported".

    Regards,
    SymbianTH

  4. #4
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,166

    Re: Get "Feture not Supported" error message in device.

    and as you said the library is yours, you could maybe see what is happening inside of it as well..

  5. #5
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    442

    Re: Get "Feture not Supported" error message in device.

    Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    and as you said the library is yours, you could maybe see what is happening inside of it as well..
    Hi

    I try to debug application using TRK application but when I click on application Icon, directly get error message.

    If I comment code related to that library in following way than application working on device, otherwise not.

    //HMAC_CTX ctx;
    //HMAC_CTX_init(&ctx);

    Regards,
    SymbianTH

  6. #6
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    442

    Re: Get "Feture not Supported" error message in device.

    Hi

    I am using Carbide C++ 2.3.

    I make library functions IMPORT(add header file) and EXPORT(add in .c file) keywords.

    I make total 12 lib files(other lib + libcrpto_p.lib), because when I try to build libcrypto_p.lib getting error=87 so I split this library, and make other 11 libraries. After include that 11 static libraries in libcrypto_p.lib library.

    .mmp
    ------
    Options Tab:
    - Stack Size: 0x5000
    - Linker definition file:
    do check mark on "Export unfrozen"
    select "eabi/libcrypto_pU.def"
    capability: none

    bld.inf
    -------
    Export header files.

    To make/build open sign sis, I am using use carbide c++ IDE.
    If other details required than please tell me.

    Regards,
    SymbiaTH
    Last edited by SymbianTH; 2010-02-09 at 10:05. Reason: forgot to add some details.

  7. #7
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    442

    Question Re: Get "Feture not Supported" error message in device.

    Quote Originally Posted by SymbianTH View Post
    Hi

    I am using Carbide C++ 2.3.

    I make library functions IMPORT(add header file) and EXPORT(add in .c file) keywords.

    I make total 12 lib files(other lib + libcrpto_p.lib), because when I try to build libcrypto_p.lib getting error=87 so I split this library, and make other 11 libraries. After include that 11 static libraries in libcrypto_p.lib library.

    .mmp
    ------
    Options Tab:
    - Stack Size: 0x5000
    - Linker definition file:
    do check mark on "Export unfrozen"
    select "eabi/libcrypto_pU.def"
    capability: none

    bld.inf
    -------
    Export header files.

    To make/build open sign sis, I am using use carbide c++ IDE.
    If other details required than please tell me.

    Regards,
    SymbiaTH
    Hi

    If I am using inbuilt symbian s60 OpenC library than also getting same problem.

    Anybody able to test following function with mobile? please help me.

    - Make new GUI application in Symbian s60 FP1 (9.2).
    - Install OpenC plugins in Computer and Mobile Device.
    - Open .mmp file and include libcrypto.lib and libcrypt.lib LIBRARY.
    SYSTEMINCLUDE \Epoc32\include\stdapis
    SYSTEMINCLUDE \Epoc32\include\stdapis\stlport

    LIBRARY libcrypto.lib
    LIBRARY libcrypt.lib
    - Open AppUi.cpp and add code following way.
    Code:
      #include <stddef.h>
      #include <openssl/hmac.h>
      #include <openssl/rc4.h>
      #include <openssl/md5.h>
    
    void CInstallLibAppUi::HandleCommandL(TInt aCommand)
    	{
    	switch (aCommand)
    		{
    		case EEikCmdExit:
    		case EAknSoftkeyExit:
    			Exit();
    			break;
    
    		case ECommand1:
    			{
    
    		        HMAC_CTX ctx;
    		        HMAC_CTX_init(&ctx);
    			RC4_KEY key;
    			}
    			break;
    		default:
    			Panic( EInstallLibUi);
    			break;
    		}
    	}
    - build application and install in Mobile.

    I am getting "feature not supported" message in Mobile Device(E71).

    please help me if anybody have any solution, please.

    Regards,
    SymbianTH
    Last edited by SymbianTH; 2010-02-09 at 13:11. Reason: use inbuilt library

Similar Threads

  1. Reporting: downloads ./. device percentages
    By kaedinger in forum [Closed] Publishing to Nokia Store
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2010-03-04, 06:04
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2010-02-12, 14:20
  3. Unable to receive data from Bluetooth Device Via RFComm
    By kctan in forum Bluetooth Technology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2008-06-15, 15:23
  4. What we want is a basic function device.
    By hendrysong in forum General Development Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2008-06-06, 04:02
  5. Bluetooth Security: What exactly is an untrusted device?
    By rahulmcs in forum Bluetooth Technology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2005-12-02, 06:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×