Discussion Board

Qt Multitouch and Gesture

Hi all, will like to know if these two are supported in Qt for Symbian? I tried to deploy their examples like Multitouch (fingerpaint and pinchzoom) and Gesture (imagegesture) and all of them are not working on my 5800 phone. Any help? Thanks!

Re: Qt Multitouch and Gesture

Quote Originally Posted by windcor View Post
    Hi all, will like to know if these two are supported in Qt for Symbian? I tried to deploy their examples like Multitouch (fingerpaint and pinchzoom) and Gesture (imagegesture) and all of them are not working on my 5800 phone. Any help? Thanks!
    I tried using fingerpaint and the application didn't seem to work either for me. I don't think the 5800 and N97 support QTouchEvents.

Secondly the 5800 does not support multitouch so the pinch zoom will definitely not function correctly.
    www.malcolmmicallef.com

Quote Originally Posted by maldman View Post
    I tried using fingerpaint and the application didn't seem to work either for me. I don't think the 5800 and N97 support QTouchEvents.

Secondly the 5800 does not support multitouch so the pinch zoom will definitely not function correctly.
    Hi all
    I've tried to create an gesture feature in my app and did some investigations
    The result os that instead of gesture events, Qt sends mouse hover event
    seems like a bug in Qt
    The phone is n97

Regular Contributor

I wonder if they should work on 5800. 5800 is not multi touch device, pinch needs multi touch interface. So pinch may not work on 5800. I remeber reading similar discussion in DiBo earlier, search , i think you will get it.
    -datha

Regular Contributor

Hi,

Check this thread.

Super Contributor

Yeah, my understanding was that multitouch and gesture are not supported on Symbian.

Multitouch is a hardware/microcode limitation (and the touch screen on the N97, at least, is marginal enough to begin with that it's hard to believe multitouch could ever be supported).

Some DIY gesture processing is possible (see, eg, the QtScrollWheel example), but again hardware/microcode is marginal enough that it's unlikely to be generalizable (though it's possible we may see some limited gesture support some time in the future).

Regular Contributor

It seems multitouch Nokia phones will come out this year http://thenokiablog.com/2010/02/10/n...an3-12mp-720p/
    If you google for 'nokia multi touch phone n8', there are couple of articles. As some one said in Nokia there is nothing called as revolution, everything is evolution. I hope Nokia/Symbian comes up with some new ideas on UI.
    -Datha