×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    61

    Uninstall package from .sis

    Hi,

    I was wondering if there is any way to uninstal a previously installed package from an installabe .sis.
    Before installing the new .sis I would like to uninstall the previous. I can't upgrade because the UID changed and I get an "Update Error" message.

    Regards.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Noida
    Posts
    1,503

    Re: Uninstall package from .sis

    Quote Originally Posted by albgarse View Post
    Hi,

    I was wondering if there is any way to uninstal a previously installed package from an installabe .sis.
    Before installing the new .sis I would like to uninstall the previous. I can't upgrade because the UID changed and I get an "Update Error" message.

    Regards.
    You need to uninstall the package from App Manager of your phone first, then install new version.
    Regards,
    Amit


    ****"Putting a Smile on other's faces is the essence of true Happiness"****

  3. #3
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    61

    Re: Uninstall package from .sis

    I was looking for a way to do it automatically from the new .sis instead of doing it manually from App Manager.

    Quote Originally Posted by aamitgupta View Post
    You need to uninstall the package from App Manager of your phone first, then install new version.

  4. #4
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,143

    Re: Uninstall package from .sis

    have the sis with same name & UID, then teh previous version will be uninstalled.

  5. #5
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    61

    Re: Uninstall package from .sis

    Hi symbianyucca,

    That's the problem. One of the packages of my .sis (is a multipackage) has changed the UID. This package is made by a third party, so I can't change the UID.

    regards.

    Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    have the sis with same name & UID, then teh previous version will be uninstalled.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Noida
    Posts
    1,503

    Re: Uninstall package from .sis

    Quote Originally Posted by albgarse View Post
    Hi symbianyucca,

    That's the problem. One of the packages of my .sis (is a multipackage) has changed the UID. This package is made by a third party, so I can't change the UID.

    regards.
    AFAIK there is no way to uninstall application during installation, because Installer of phone can not share his work, if he is installing the application at same time we can not uninstall any application.
    Regards,
    Amit


    ****"Putting a Smile on other's faces is the essence of true Happiness"****

  7. #7
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,143

    Re: Uninstall package from .sis

    Yep, luckily there is simple solution, just ask in the first run from the user whether she/he would like to replace the components, then uninstall it, and re-install the new one, of course if the components is statically linked library, then this option would of course not work..

  8. #8
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    61

    Re: Uninstall package from .sis

    Hi symbianyucca,

    Is there any way to launch the uninstallation of a package from an app?
    This should do the work.

    Regards.

    Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    Yep, luckily there is simple solution, just ask in the first run from the user whether she/he would like to replace the components, then uninstall it, and re-install the new one, of course if the components is statically linked library, then this option would of course not work..

  9. #9
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,143

    Re: Uninstall package from .sis

    Quote Originally Posted by albgarse View Post
    Hi symbianyucca,

    Is there any way to launch the uninstallation of a package from an app?
    This should do the work.

    Regards.
    You could look into the installer APIs shipped with API plug-in, wiki has a nice page for them.

  10. #10
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    61

    Re: Uninstall package from .sis

    Thanks! I'm going to look for it.

    Regards.

    Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    You could look into the installer APIs shipped with API plug-in, wiki has a nice page for them.

  11. #11
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,355

    Re: Uninstall package from .sis

    No need for installer API really. All is need is a bit of PKG scripting and the good old (public and reliable DocumentHandler API). And of course a signed sis file, to allow a little utility to be run.

    Code:
    ;Header
    #{"App_Updater"},(0xOLD_PUID),1,0,0, TYPE=SA
    
    ; Startup-List management
    "$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\release\gcce\urel\inst.exe"-"!:\sys\bin\inst.exe", FR, RI
    "newsis.sisx"-"!:\temp\newsis.sisx"
    Now, this installer having the same old pUID will trigger the uninstall of the old package, allowing the new content to be copied. The inst.exe will then be started and will wait nicely in memory for the installer process to exit. At which point will open the "!:\temp\newsis.sisx" using the document handler API and the new installation will proceed.

    Once the new installer running it can optionally take care of uninstalling the 0xOLD_PUID package which at that time is no longer needed.

    Should work. Which means that I haven't tested it but ...
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Similar Threads

  1. Package .wgz into .sis
    By nickisme in forum Symbian
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2010-01-25, 09:32
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2009-11-29, 06:48
  3. Problems about maemo 4.0.1 SDK installation.
    By fgg_maemo in forum General Development Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2008-10-07, 14:26
  4. Suggestion: Combined Python Extras package
    By tsharju in forum Symbian
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 2007-07-03, 04:28
  5. Creting Application package fileNotFound error
    By pid0101 in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2004-01-19, 19:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •