Discussion Board

Express Signing capabilities problem

Can you help me?

I tried to sign my application with Express Signing, but on the 2nd screen I get the following error message:

"The SIS file you have submitted contains capabilities that you are not permitted to sign with. The SIS files you submitted uses the capabilities:
    NetworkControl
    You should use Certified Signed to submit your SIS file for signing. "

This happens although I do not use any network controls in the application.
    But the Publiser ID have had this capabilities. Could there be an error in the file checking system?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Express Signing capabilities problem

Quote Originally Posted by huizizixue View Post
    Can you help me?

I tried to sign my application with Express Signing, but on the 2nd screen I get the following error message:

"The SIS file you have submitted contains capabilities that you are not permitted to sign with. The SIS files you submitted uses the capabilities:
    NetworkControl
    You should use Certified Signed to submit your SIS file for signing. "

This happens although I do not use any network controls in the application.
    But the Publiser ID have had this capabilities. Could there be an error in the file checking system?
    There had been some problem atleast when we tried to get the publisher ID renewed(or new for this year, if you might say so)

You could try again later/tomorrow if the same problem persists..if so mail to the support team.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Express Signing capabilities problem

meanwhile I would just make sure none of the mmp files are including the NetworkControl capability, then re-check them again. Then delete the executables included in the sis file from the SDK folders to make sure that they will get refreshed in build, then re-build the sis, and then as you could be absolutely sure it does not have NetworkControl capability included, you could try re-submitting the sis for express signing.