Discussion Board

cost of publishing

I want to publish my app on ovi store that will run on s60 and Nseries platforms. What would that cost and furthermore where can I find out how many handsets would be reached in Kenya,south africa and Nigeria. Thanks.

Super Contributor

Re: cost of publishing

There is no way to know how many S60 based devices (Nseries or otherwise) are in use (or even how many have been sold) in Kenya, South Africa or Nigeria (or any other particular country).

Nokia is not publishing sales figures for specific models for specific regions (and does not know if someone ships phones they've bought elsewhere to another country).

Thanks,

Thanks for your response. What about cost, do I need to pay anything else other than 50 euros? since symbian has a lot different devices, do I pay publishing per device model?
    Last edited by zinja; 2010-02-13 at 13:18.

Super Contributor

50 euros for Ovi Store entry.
    Then either 20 or 200 USD per SIS file you upload.

All assuming that the whole infrastructure is already set up...
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

We need to know what type of app this is before anyone can give you a cost estimate. If this is a WRT then it is just 50 Euro registration fee.

There is NO OVI REQUIREMENT FOR CERTIFICATION FEES SEE THIS POST

It reads in part...

Both Symbian Signed Certified Signed and Express Signed are accepted. Which one to use is up to the set of capabilities which the application uses and if the application meets the Symbian Signed quality. Using Express Signed means you can test your application on your own and then sign it. If your application does not meet the required quality (Symbian Signed criteria) you will end up wasting time with the OVI submission.

As for what comes to Java applications things are bit more complicated, but here comes something to clarify with.

The applications must meet the Java Verified application quality in order to be accepted to the Ovi Store. The test criteria can be found from www.javaverified.com. You can also use the Java Verified program to get your application tested and signed.

If you are confident with your application's quality you can also sign them by your self. To do that you can use the VeriSign or Thawte Code Signing certificates.
    --

So please no more FUD about signing costs.

Ron

Super Contributor

Dear Ron,
    sorry. I was referring to SIS files only, and think that I have made it clear enough in my post below. If not, once again: the fees I have listed are for Symbian native apps only.

P.S: Ron, under friends: WRT? Are you serious?
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Nokia Developer Expert

Hello zinja,

Symbian Signing requires a publisher ID which you can obtain through the TC TrustCenter (if you have not done so yet.) Thereafter, Express Signed cost is 20USD per application; Certified Signed cost is 200USD and up per application.

Tamhanna is correct: 50 euros for Ovi Store entry.

Hope this helps. Please contact PublishtoOvi@nokia.com for further inquiries.

Best regards,
    OviAndrew
    OVI Publisher Support
    Promote your Ovi Store App on the web now!
    http://promotions.ovi.com/toolkit